British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Sheffield V Glasgow Po Semi-final 21 Sep

The Glasgow fans on here are being very harsh on their own side.

I was at Owlerton last week when Sheffo, minus Bates & Kurtz, pumped the Monarchs.

Tonight the Homesters were at full strength, so a weakened Glasgow's performance was respectable under the circumstances.

If we are all realistic, Sheffield are head & shoulders above everybody else and it will be a major shock if they do not complete a League and Cup double.

• Like 1

I was at Owlerton last week when Sheffo, minus Bates & Kurtz, pumped the Monarchs.

Tonight the Homesters were at full strength, so a weakened Glasgow's performance was respectable under the circumstances.

If we are all realistic, Sheffield are head & shoulders above everybody else and it will be a major shock if they do not complete a League and Cup double.

You are correct about Sheffield but the fans of Glasgow are just so disappointed that this team have imploded.

They have went from title contenders to also rans in the space of three months and that is why this team has reached the end.

They have to take on the "next" best team in the league in the K.O. cup and probably in the play off final, so it could be very different and not such a shock!

I Personaly think that the majority of riders at Championship level these days take on too many meetings guesting and riding abroad in lower leagues,they don't have the set up and machinery to cope and subsequently their form starts to suffer and they get burn out.Its a viscous circle IMO .

Edited by Fromafar

Fantastic all round performance from the South Yorkshire Tigers.

Once again we shown how powerful we are at home although I think we took our foot of the gas towards the end of the meeting and we should have taken an even bigger lead up to Glasgow.

Its the strength in depth at home that this team has.

Heatleaders 14 rides 8 paid and full wins

2nd strings 7 rides 6 paid and full wins

Reserves 9 rides 3 paid and full wins

And only 2 last places.

They have to take on the "next" best team in the league in the K.O. cup and probably in the play off final, so it could be very different and not such a shock!

As a neutral, afraid you might be deluding yourself if you think Ipswich can overcome a full strength Sheffield side on aggregate in either competition.

And one of those last places was our number one who was obviously having problems with his machinery!

As a neutral, afraid you might be deluding yourself if you think Ipswich can overcome a full strength Sheffield side on aggregate in either competition.

As a Sheffield fan I'm erring on the side of caution, we did get a spanking there early on in the season, ok they did have Nico Covatti riding for them at the time, but Danny King and Rory Schlein are no mugs around Foxhall and we rarely seem to do well there. Call me a pessimist........., but I do think we'll win the lot - pairs included!

Well done Sheffield, the best team this season and finished at the top , good luck in the final you deserve to be Champions

• Like 6

Sorry I was so disrespectful and got it so wrong

All i can say is well done Sheffield but what a poor lack lustre performance from Glasgow , I would have expected there top 3 to perform a lot better than that and at least make a fight of it. Now the title is yours too lose.

another huge performance from hopefully the champions elect.this team this year have been nothing short of sensational.even when our mercurial captain has, by his own high standards'a fairly quiet night, it is testament to this team of the strength in depth that we have.the whole team from 1 to 7 have been superb and i don't think i have seen josh bates so pumped up for a meeting, he was a great example to the team spirit that has been here all season and they all want to do well for our brilliant team manager who has been awesome.the whole season, barring all the wrangling and stupid rulings within the sport, has been brilliant.the one big difference for us, especially at home, has been the signings of jan and georgie at reserve.jan has been a revelation and georgie is going to be one hell of a rider over the next few seasons.glasgow did try last night and the tie is not over yet as we all know what can happen in speedway but if the team all ride to their capabilities then there will only be one outcome.i also think that the monarchs will overturn their deficit and make the final.well done to the team last night and to simon and the promotion.role on tuesday and u.t.t

Bewley should never been riding should have been told prove your fitness in a Belle Vue match not a semi final

Bewley does what BV tell him. When we were getting pumped at home on Sunday, Bewley was practising in Manchester. We never did see the best of him.

Bewley does what BV tell him. When we were getting pumped at home on Sunday, Bewley was practising in Manchester. We never did see the best of him.

Bewleys relationship with glasgow as been on a knife edge for a while now. He won't be there next year.

But he's not a guy that would purposely do rubbish so I'd assume he had bike trouble last night or isn't fit.

If he scores well tonight then you can guess he's saving himself for us

Bewleys relationship with glasgow as been on a knife edge for a while now. He won't be there next year.

But he's not a guy that would purposely do rubbish so I'd assume he had bike trouble last night or isn't fit.

If he scores well tonight then you can guess he's saving himself for us

So another rider who is only going through the motions , team spirit at Glasgow must be at an all time low if true and I have no reason to doubt this.

Why has this happened must be the question and who is responsible, the fans have turned out in very large numbers all season and deserve much better than what they are getting.

This the best you can do this sport is for boring people who don't get out much and have a confidence issue ring any bells.