British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

25•07•18 - Premiership - Kings Lynn v Swindon -

Good meeting last night. R Lambert was brilliant, S Lambert rode well ,shame about Garrity being injured again. Heard he will be out for 4 weeks. One point of concern was the big lump of brick which came off the track on the first bend as riders went past . If it had hit someone it could of been nasty.

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Seems as though many fans enjoyed tonight's racing and R.Lambert was in spectacular form?

Very pleasing to read and long may it continue, so the AFA can deliver entertainment, what was the difference to the usual meetings??

1 hour ago, deltafox said:

Great result at Lynn and not the dust bowl like swindon on Monday it was choking ![third bend was awful]Funny how the usual knockers have nothing positive from KL current good form Even JChapman has zero to chip in !!

Keep it up for Mondays clash with Zomerzet in front of the cameras lads

Great stuff

You're a little angry ain't you

One point of concern was the big lump of brick which came off the track on the first bend as riders went past . If it had hit someone it could of been nasty.

Could have been very nasty. Several years ago I got hit by a lump of shale in the very same spot on the first bend, fortunately I had just looked down at my programme and it hit me a glancing blow on the bridge of my nose, missing my eye by a couple of centimetres. It drew blood but could have been a lot worse. I usually raise my programme to deflect any possible missiles, but a moments inattention cost me. Who remembers those clear plastic programme boards from years ago, maybe I should make myself one!

Edited by Bunce

Basic league table (M = meetings, P = points)

1 Somerset M13 P28

2 Swindon M16 P26

3 Wolverhampton M14 P25

4 Belle Vue M14 P23

5 King's Lynn M12 P22

6 Poole M14 P21

7 Leicester M13 P17

Looks a straight shoot out between Rebels and Stars who will finish top.  I wonder who Buster and Dale will pick for the semi ?.  Id fancy Poole think our top 5 would blow there's away over 2 legs. :wink:

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Looks a straight shoot out between Rebels and Stars who will finish top.  I wonder who Buster and Dale will pick for the semi ?.  Id fancy Poole think our top 5 would blow there's away over 2 legs. :wink:

Don't go getting too cocky, you got to remember all the double agents that Poole have planted around the other teams in the league, ready to sabotage any other teams chances of becoming champions :o

Of all the teams this year I would like a KL and Belle Vue final, with Lambert, Cooke, Bewley and Garrity on show ! 

Was a good meeting and good result too. Swindon put up a good show and weren't too far from getting a point! Why was morris not in heat 15? i fancy you may have got a 3-3

Shame Garrity is hurting! I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do at lynn! 

its the first post meeting conference i have managed to make this season and i was very impressed! All fit riders there ! good communications! Newman will guest our next 2 meetings. so thats nice and early team news . . . . The moaners must be twiddling their thumbs! 

8 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Was a good meeting and good result too. Swindon put up a good show and weren't too far from getting a point! Why was morris not in heat 15? i fancy you may have got a 3-3

Shame Garrity is hurting! I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do at lynn! 

its the first post meeting conference i have managed to make this season and i was very impressed! All fit riders there ! good communications! Newman will guest our next 2 meetings. so thats nice and early team news . . . . The moaners must be twiddling their thumbs! 

"One swallow does not a summer make"

Did I hear you say Lynn have announced the guest for the next 2 meetings already... All fit riders attend conference....No dust bowl... 

Credit where credits due. Shows after the call off gesture as well that they are thinking of their fans more now.

Good show :t:

• Like 2

Considering a number of the Robins riders are carrying injuries and Zac was just returning from one the team did pretty well. I think with a fully fit team the Budgies could have won it. 

Lambert aside (who's different class at the moment) KL are nothing special.

Other than Jack Smith I'm with Rosco in not making any changes. It's good to have some continuity in the side and you can actually identify with a set of riders.

If we don't make the play offs so what? Things aren't going as well as last season but let's see if these lads can turn it around.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bunce said:

One point of concern was the big lump of brick which came off the track on the first bend as riders went past . If it had hit someone it could of been nasty.

Could have been very nasty. Several years ago I got hit by a lump of shale in the very same spot on the first bend, fortunately I had just looked down at my programme and it hit me a glancing blow on the bridge of my nose, missing my eye by a couple of centimetres. It drew blood but could have been a lot worse. I usually raise my programme to deflect any possible missiles, but a moments inattention cost me. Who remembers those clear plastic programme boards from years ago, maybe I should make myself one!

Get yourself a welders helmet.

Enjoyed the meeting, some good racing especially Robert Lambert in heat 7. No dust either.

First time I've been to KL for about 25yrs.

Now onto Redcar

• Like 1

A very good win for Lynn considering Toft & Jorgensen off form and Garrity withdrew. Should of been a bigger win but Swindon were strengthened when Smith withdrew. I knew Rossiter would say that they were unlucky, in fact they were lucky they weren't hammered by more! 

By the way credit to Simon Lambert last night who was much improved and created a valuable 5-1 on heat 8.

1 hour ago, jrs said:

Of all the teams this year I would like a KL and Belle Vue final, with Lambert, Cooke, Bewley and Garrity on show ! 

I am up for that ! providing it is not held on  a neutral track like Swindon.

1 hour ago, jrs said:

Don't go getting too cocky, you got to remember all the double agents that Poole have planted around the other teams in the league, ready to sabotage any other teams chances of becoming champions :o

Now Lynn fans could never get cocky... what have we ever had to be cocky about ?  I see Lynn as more every silver lining has a cloud

• Like 1