British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Is it the same plan that they submitted about 30 years ago?

It must be because the numbers quoted are those that it would have cost 30 years ago. 

8 hours ago, rocket007 said:

No mention of Stockcars/Speedway within the Stadium. Will there be room?

assume if it's a dome then the surface is not permanent so, as with Cardiff and Tottenham, the floor level can be configured for other sports and concerts. Although the strangely low capacity suggests it may be pretty basic - the previous Bradford Superdome in the 80s was going to be 75,000 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, George Dodds said:

assume if it's a dome then the surface is not permanent so, as with Cardiff and Tottenham, the floor level can be configured for other sports and concerts. Although the strangely low capacity suggests it may be pretty basic - the previous Bradford Superdome in the 80s was going to be 75,000 

Speedway and stox  not included in the new plans,but don't worry,we have heard it all before and nothing happened.Wildly over optimistic attendance and revenue figures being bandied about.Once reality sets in,the scheme will be quietly dropped.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Great stuff!

34 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

and this Odsal Stadium now - still a great place for speedway - the FIM should think again

Certainly has potential but it's sadly  the financial implications   I suspect are  too big a reach !

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Thanks 1

Surly it would cost a fraction of Cardiff costs to put speedway in here, a full Bradford is better than 22000 in Cardiff??

• Like 1

The track is too narrow to meet FIM standards. The only way they could widen the track is if the rugby club left, which is not out the question because I don't think they are happy with how narrow the rugby pitch is.

4 hours ago, eric i said:

The track is too narrow to meet FIM standards. The only way they could widen the track is if the rugby club left, which is not out the question because I don't think they are happy with how narrow the rugby pitch is.

I took a look at the problem bends, they are very narrow at the old pits end, 1st and 2nd are as they used to be