British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

NKI is the best rider in either team, he should get more than 11, I would think 13.

Sergeant could beat Wells the form Ricky is in , I don't expect him to get zero.

Allen was just coming back from injury so expect much better this time.

King has been in good form should get double figures.

Lawson rode badly last time couldn't even pass Doolan, needs to improve massively on that form.

Harris is so poor at the moment not expecting much from him either.

Jack rode well last time but has been up and down should get double figures.

Brady hasn't ridden there lately if ever so who knows probably get 6-8.

Klindt rode well last time but has been poor lately so expect no more than 5-6

Josh rode well there but will be carrying an injury if he rides .

Ricky rode well last time too but lately has been poor.

Covatti rides the track well but not at reserve now.

THJ has probably never ridden there, he isn't a gater so not expecting much.

All in all inconsistency everywhere!

Could be a cracker which is why I am going, got to be better than last time, we won last time but not a great meeting.

Did you really say that Sarjeant could beat Wells? That is some leap of faith.

He’s got to get past the tapes first. 

• Haha 3

I think this will be a close meeting myself.

I don't know when NKI last rode Foxhall ? I wouldn't expect to much first meeting. But he should be better in the 2nd half of the meeting, once he has some sort of set up and had some laps.

Maybe 9- 10. But should  be going better by heats 13 and 15.

Sarj may not score. I don't expect any more points from the 2 new guys than KP and Eddie would of scored first meeting in, if i'm honest. But it will make Ippo stronger in 13 and 15.

While Allen will drop to reserve, is Allen and Sarj any better than Cov and Wells at Foxhall..? We will see.

NKI's arrival should  give the other riders a  much need lift, and pull a few more fans in. I'm expecting a big crowd and a close meeting.

Hard one to call and I think the bookie's odds will suggest the same.

Will be rooting for the Witches in this one...  Did I just say that :o

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Iversen has been in good form recently, will be disappointed with 9 or 10 personally. 

Certainly makes tomorrow’s meeting even more interesting than it was already. NKI alone should pull in even more supporters but with it being Poole and a crucial fixture, could well see our biggest gate of the season. 

Looking forward to it. 

Oh no I've just seen who ref is :rolleyes:

Suppose should be thankful Chris gay was last week!!:P

46 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Did you really say that Sarjeant could beat Wells? That is some leap of faith.

He’s got to get past the tapes first. 

He could, he shouldn't but he could.

Iversen hasn’t ridden the Foxhole for years, I can’t see him cleaning up tomorrow night. Nine or ten would be a decent return. 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think this will be a close meeting myself.

I don't know when NKI last rode Foxhall ? I wouldn't expect to much first meeting. But he should be better in the 2nd half of the meeting, once he has some sort of set up and had some laps.

Maybe 9- 10. But should  be going better by heats 13 and 15.

Sarj may not score. I don't expect any more points from the 2 new guys than KP and Eddie would of scored first meeting in, if i'm honest. But it will make Ippo stronger in 13 and 15.

While Allen will drop to reserve, is Allen and Sarj any better than Cov and Wells at Foxhall..? We will see.

NKI's arrival should  give the other riders a  much need lift, and pull a few more fans in. I'm expecting a big crowd and a close meeting.

Hard one to call and I think the bookie's odds will suggest the same.

Will be rooting for the Witches in this one...  Did I just say that :o

Covatti isn't at reserve, THJ is and has he ever even seen the track?

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Iversen hasn’t ridden the Foxhole for years, I can’t see him cleaning up tomorrow night. Nine or ten would be a decent return. 

Top riders don't need to have ridden a track before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Covatti isn't at reserve, THJ is and has he ever even seen the track?

We won't know if THJ is going well or not as his meeting for Berwick at Birmingham has been postponed.

39 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd snap your hand off for that return, never been brilliant at Foxhall tbh. 

Given the recent falling apart form of the Witches I was seriously considering not wasting my money tomorrow night but upon reflection it might be an interesting meeting to attend with new blood in the team. 

Last time Poole came depleted but with good choices of guests and gating tarts and promptly triumphed. 

I'm definitely not making any predictions this time. We'll just see how it goes! 

Oh, almost forgot and please make the track like it was against Peterborough, passing was possible! 

Edited by Super Blue

Let's be honest, last time was last time and this time is this time,,, the 2 have no reliance at all, apart from some ones ego trying to get a rise from Poole fans. 

All I know is Ipswich need to win this if they want to make their own destiny and not rely on others. 

So the big question is will they win it.  The answer is no one knows, but I hope all effort is put in trying

It's tempted me back for this one, and I think it will go all the way . 

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Top riders don't need to have ridden a track before.

They have to be exceptionally good to rock up and only drop a point or two though. It’s difficult enough to do that on a home track they know like the back of their hand. 

• Like 1

Ipswich should win this fairly comfortable if Josh is out injured. While they have collapsed recently, they are riding at home with a greatly strengthened lineup.

Iversen is a proper number one and capable of going through the card unbeaten. Allen has dropped to reserve. King is on form. Lawson and Harris are decent riders who have struggled in the last few meetings but are still capable. 

Pirates have lost their Mr reliable, plus no longer have Covatti at reserve. Wells has been poor overall. THJ is really a complete unknown in what he will do.

To be honest an Ipswich win is not a bad result for us. We don’t want Wolves to make top 4 ahead of Belle Vue.