British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

9 minutes ago, maneacat said:

It’s laughable - then read the Admission Details Page!   

It includes VIP Option which has various extras including: 

PARKING (doesn’t say where exactly but I think we can all guess where that will be)

PIT WALK 

CENTRE VISIT 

further down is an item listed as OTHER RACE DAY OPPORTUNITIES which includes - 

Visit to the Centre Green £5 for 2 Heats.   

If if they are deadly SERIOUS about Health & Safety I believe these two items should also be scrapped as I can’t think of anything more dangerous than walking through the Pits with trucks, bikes, tractors etc. etc. moving about - you just can’t be too careful!  

Agreed, and the numerous tag alongs who arrive with the riders. Also friends of a friend who is a friend of someone else's friend who park inside. 

• Like 1

They have lost the support of my Grandad whose been going to Peterborough since Boston closed in 1987, who introduced me to supporting the club and I have been taking him to meetings for the last 3 years because he cannot drive full stop or walk more than 20m without a break. All the people who I have sat around since I started going 15 years ago all (did) make use of the disabled parking, and I have no doubt that this will stop them from going to meetings now. I will still go to meetings but my experience will be extremely hampered by this.

I'm not sure how this will effect my parents, their both pushing 80 and have been season ticket holders for yrs, they always kind of had a gentleman's agreement when renewing their season tickets every yr which allowed them to park inside the showground as they find the long walk from the main carparks a bit to far, neither of them being a BB holder i may add.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I'm not sure how this will effect my parents, their both pushing 80 and have been season ticket holders for yrs, they always kind of had a gentleman's agreement when renewing their season tickets every yr which allowed them to park inside the showground as they find the long walk from the main carparks a bit to far, neither of them being a BB holder i may add.

Sadly the promotion does not give a stuff. Buster has spoken and his will will be done

This is blatant discrimination against the disabled and possibly in breach of disability law. I am investigating whether a formal report of a breach has been made with the relevant authorities. 

As you may have guessed I am a blue badge user and also a Motability user. The latter has a magazine for its members which I have contacted suggesting that they advise their readers of the situation and to take this into account before attending the arena.

I absolutely hate having to pass on negative publicity for once but this is a dangerous precedent. Speedway's ability to make insane decisions still astonishes me after all these years!

A line has been crossed here. Speedway may be immune to logic but not to the law.

Edited by RobMcCaffery

5 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

This is blatant discrimination against the disabled and possibly in breach of disability law. I am investigating whether a formal report of a breach has been made with the relevant authorities. 

As you may have guessed I am a blue badge user and also a Motability user. The latter has a magazine for its members which I have contacted suggesting that they advise their readers of the situation and to take this into account before attending the arena.

I absolutely hate having to pass on negative publicity for once but this is a dangerous precedent. Speedway's ability to make insane decisions still astonishes me after all these years!

A line has been crossed here.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/what-are-the-different-types-of-discrimination/duty-to-make-reasonable-adjustments-for-disabled-people/

My dad was totally unaware of these supposed changes as he and my mother are not ones to use social media or alike, they will now sadly have to think long and hard about renewing their season tickets for this season, they do well at their age to attend regularly as it is considering they live ten miles from Ipswich so have a good hour plus drive there and back to attend the meetings, luckily for them they are also season ticket holders at Ipswich and Mildenhall so can still get their regular fix of shale action.

• Like 2

Just now, kevin bass said:

My dad was totally unaware of these supposed changes as he and my mother are not ones to use social media or alike, they will now sadly have to think long and hard about renewing their season tickets for this season, they do well at their age to attend regularly as it is considering they live ten miles from Ipswich so have a good hour plus drive there and back to attend the meetings, luckily for them they are also season ticket holders at Ipswich and Mildenhall so can still get their regular fix of shale action.

Please pass my regards on to your parents Kevin, I always enjoyed their company whenever I saw them around the East Anglian tracks.

Is this not a wider issue though with the Showground as a whole? Surely if the designated disabled parking spaces are used for every event there then blue badge holders are being shafted every time the place opens its doors. 

The bottom line is that for speedway the EoES has acres of room to park people with mobility issues much, much closer to the track and the main stand and there must be some way of doing it while weeding out the mickey takers and stopping people from parking where they shouldn’t. 

• Like 2

Will do Neil, your bumped on Cliffy and Rose before then, they do love their speedway and the old man does like to chat bless him.

17 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

A line has been crossed here. Speedway may be immune to logic but not to the law.

Good shout something needs to be done, to get this going nationally.

End of the day if Peterborough speedway wants to lose some die hard fans then on their head be it, the sport as is it needs all the fans it can get and should be encouraging fans to attend not turning fans away over some petty parking ruling.

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Is this not a wider issue though with the Showground as a whole? Surely if the designated disabled parking spaces are used for every event there then blue badge holders are being shafted every time the place opens its doors. 

The bottom line is that for speedway the EoES has acres of room to park people with mobility issues much, much closer to the track and the main stand and there must be some way of doing it while weeding out the mickey takers and stopping people from parking where they shouldn’t. 

If the other events are in the exhibition hall that is a lot nearer the parking area than the Speedway track is. Also buggy  transport  might be provided by the other event organisers.

• Like 2

No if's and buts, that's the end of Peterborough Speedway for us.  I don't give a hoot myself, but feel so sorry for my wife whose condition is worsening by the month.  Thank goodness she's still got Mildenhall.

11 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Will do Neil, your bumped on Cliffy and Rose before then, they do love their speedway and the old man does like to chat bless him.

I certainly did, at Peterborough, Kings Lynn and Mildenhall, Cliff is full of knowledge and stories!

It was my pleasure to arrange their close parking in 2018 (and 2014 I expect) when I was Promoter at Peterborough.