British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Quite a few options seem to have disappeared with the September averages. Had a quick look probably looking at the sarj, Ruml or either of the Cook brothers. Although how likely Poole are to help a fellow play off team I don't know

I don't think it would be an issue (prob more of an issue with fans more than the management! ;) I think if Hume or Ben wants the guest booking they will agree - not sure when Ben's average changes) Ruml seems to be on good form for Plymouth since switching to reserve. Ben Cook hasn't rode at Leicester for us that was who James Wright was guesting for but doesn't mean to say he won't be good there.

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think it would be an issue (prob more of an issue with fans more than the management! ;) I think if Hume or Ben wants the guest booking they will agree - not sure when Ben's average changes) Ruml seems to be on good form for Plymouth since switching to reserve. Ben Cook hasn't rode at Leicester for us that was who James Wright was guesting for but doesn't mean to say he won't be good there.

If need a guest for Sunday and his average hasn't change Ben Cook is a no brainer. Was spectacular at ashfield for Poole earlier in the season

• Like 1

At the end of the does it REALLY matter ,whoever wins the league,at the end of the day there won’t be enough room on the Trophy for all the guests that all the Teams have used.:rolleyes::P

It’s all a bit farcical really.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

At the end of the does it REALLY matter ,whoever wins the league,at the end of the day there won’t be enough room on the Trophy for all the guests that all the Teams have used.:rolleyes::P

It’s all a bit farcical really.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Give it up for the 2021 Division Two Play Off Champions!"....

"The Glasgow"...

"Tigers/Monarchs/Bandits/Bears/Diamonds/Scorpions/Lions/Eagles/Gladiators/Kings/Brummies/Pirates"

(Pause for a deep breath)...

"And now let's hear it for your fantastic 2021 Division Two Runners up who pushed them all the way"...

"The Poole"....

(Another deep breath)...

"Pirates/Monarchs/Bandits/Bears/Diamonds/Scorpions/Lions/Eagles/Gladiators/Kings/Brummies/Tigers"...

:D

You would need a couple of big old winners and runners up trophies to fit that on the roll of honour of them wouldn't you? 

And also need around 50 of each of the winners and losers medals....

With plenty of lads being awarded both... !! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Peter facenna video on Twitter suggesting earliest nowak will be able to ride would be this Sunday. Do we get a facility for Poole and Leicester or does sedgeman keep his place? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Give it up for the 2021 Division Two Play Off Champions!"....

"The Glasgow"...

"Tigers/Monarchs/Bandits/Bears/Diamonds/Scorpions/Lions/Eagles/Gladiators/Kings/Brummies/Pirates"

"And now let's hear it for your fantastic 2021 Division Two Runners up who pushed them all the way"...

"The Poole"....

(Another deep breath)...

"Pirates/Monarchs/Bandits/Bears/Diamonds/Scorpions/Lions/Eagles/Gladiators/Kings/Brummies/Tigers"...

You would need a couple of big old winners and runners up trophies to fit that on the roll of honour of them wouldn't you? 

I will say this once, twice & even more times from about 3 or 4 years ago that we have to make up our own model for team racing.

6 man teams

Minimise double up/ down to 2 or 3 riders per team

No guests from other teams

Riders not chosen/declared in a team go into pool to be chosen as & when a team is short. Averages & RS(now) status used with riders only allowed to guest  help out a team maximum 3 or 4 times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

"The Glasgow"...

"The Poole"....

(Another deep breath)...

I here the BSPA  opening a Go Fund Me page,the get some cash for all the medals they need for the Winners.:D

• Haha 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

I here the BSPA  opening a Go Fund Me page,the get some cash for all the medals they need for the Winners.:D

Scott, Bomber and Rory are the most successful riders in the history of the sport...

They have won leagues for the past 20 years on the run.. 

But also lost them too at the same time..

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

Guest up to 3.75. I assume (given circumstances are similar) that it will be the same in this case.

I believe they could have a choice of rising star riders & if that is the case Leon Flint is still a 3* rider on the latest declaration list.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 PM, Jaizer said:

Peter facenna video on Twitter suggesting earliest nowak will be able to ride would be this Sunday. Do we get a facility for Poole and Leicester or does sedgeman keep his place? 

When Andersen missed his Berwick debut they had to revert to Garcia in their 1-7, Poole couldn't do that with Keleher, so got a guest for Smetana, so I'd guess Glasgow revert back to Sedgmen in the team, but how would that effect the transfer cut-off date? If the declared team still has Sedgeman in it, does that mean Nowak has missed the transfer deadline?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

When Andersen missed his Berwick debut they had to revert to Garcia in their 1-7, Poole couldn't do that with Keleher, so got a guest for Smetana, so I'd guess Glasgow revert back to Sedgmen in the team, but how would that effect the transfer cut-off date? If the declared team still has Sedgeman in it, does that mean Nowak has missed the transfer deadline?

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.   No facility for a missing rider who hasn't yet raced for you in your 1-7 (can't go back to the old one, as that would be a change after deadline day) so to replace the Pole (5.00) Tigers can only use a guest up to 3.75 until Nowak turns up -- presumably with an ACU, or other acceptable licence.     

Leicester tell me that will be Jack Thomas on Saturday, no news yet of who will ride tomorrow, or on Sunday if the necessary documentation hasn't gone through by then.

But Glasgow will still qualify comfortably in the top six, although finishing on top might now be a stretch.

Edited by crescent girl

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Yes, that's it in a nutshell.   No facility for a missing rider who hasn't yet raced for you in your 1-7 (can't go back to the old one, as that would be a change after deadline day) so to replace the Pole (5.00) Tigers can only use a guest up to 3.75 until Nowak turns up -- presumably with an ACU, or other acceptable licence.     

Leicester tell me that will be Jack Thomas on Saturday, no news yet of who will ride tomorrow, or on Sunday if the necessary documentation hasn't gone through by then.

But Glasgow will still qualify comfortably in the top six, although finishing on top might now be a stretch.

Peter Facenna has already stated that the licence is already in place.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

But the lLeicester website has Sedgeman in the Glasgow team for Saturday...

IGNORE THIS! - I didnt look at the date and it was for the rained off fixture on the 19th August. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused.

Edited by W9 Lion

13 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why would Leicester be telling a ‘random’ Berwick fan… bit strange

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why would Leicester be telling a ‘random’ Berwick fan… bit strange

Isnt he the old drip who does/used to do the announcing at Berwick?

• Haha 5