British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Eastbourne reserves get that if you listen to rumours 

My post was tongue in cheek , that was a hilarious read when I got home from.the meeting on.Friday 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paulco said:

My post was tongue in cheek , that was a hilarious read when I got home from.the meeting on.Friday 

So was mine, enjoy your speedway and Tommy gun from a sponsor of his. He's the real deal...

10 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Depends what you mean by more? A great stadium (compared to their competitors), one of the best tracks in the country, exciting fast racing, not a trick track, hosted FIM and international meetings, decent crowds, play - offs every year, good numbers of young people all wearing club colours, etc - all achieved. But hey they are still striving to make things better so let's have a go at them. If enough jealous fans keep slagging them off maybe they'll chuck it and we can then all wallow in mediocrity. 

Presumably they'd like to win something. Not sure i see anyone having a go at them just highlighting that they're obviously spending when bringing a new rider in.

Glasgow fans are a touchy bunch. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2021 at 4:16 PM, tyretrax said:

Hearing rumours of changes involving Glasgow, Newcastle and Redcar.

So take it none of these are happening with the cut off dates being the 28/8

Peter facenna video on Twitter suggesting earliest nowak will be able to ride would be this Sunday. Do we get a facility for Poole and Leicester or does sedgeman keep his place? 

11 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Peter facenna video on Twitter suggesting earliest nowak will be able to ride would be this Sunday. Do we get a facility for Poole and Leicester or does sedgeman keep his place? 

If I recall Poole got a facility for a certain amount of time when signing Ondrej Smetana who never rode a meeting for them  , perhaps some Poole fans can confirm if this was the case

15 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If I recall Poole got a facility for a certain amount of time when signing Ondrej Smetana who never rode a meeting for them  , perhaps some Poole fans can confirm if this was the case

Guest up to 3.75. I assume (given circumstances are similar) that it will be the same in this case.

14 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Guest up to 3.75. I assume (given circumstances are similar) that it will be the same in this case.

Yeah that is right! That is what we had, depends how many riders have that average or below though as some of the riders we used, their averages have gone over that now. 

Edit - any rising star and Kyle Bickley (just had a quick look at Sept averages) Bit unlucky with some of them as Gikes is 3.77! Think Kemp (who we did use) is around 3.90 now.

Edit 2 - I'd go for Bickley at Poole (we used him a couple of times) and Berwick aren't riding on Friday.

Edited by lisa-colette

Thinking about it Poole had r/r for the first 7 days as the covid rules in Czech changed suddenly. So maybe Glasgow will be allowed that, depends on the reason why Nowak isn't able to start now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Thinking about it Poole had r/r for the first 7 days as the covid rules in Czech changed suddenly. So maybe Glasgow will be allowed that, depends on the reason why Nowak isn't able to start now.

Can't use R/R for a reserve so would need to be guest of some kind. Interesting to see if get the 5.00 as it's due to international red tape

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Can't use R/R for a reserve so would need to be guest of some kind. Interesting to see if get the 5.00 as it's due to international red tape

Ah okay, didn't realise he was going to be at reserve! But if it's out of Glasgow's hands then I guess you will get up to his average. But if for some reason you only get the up to 3.75 then should go for Bickley, he was getting 2/3 points riding at 2 for us when guesting, so should be okay at reserve.

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah okay, didn't realise he was going to be at reserve! But if it's out of Glasgow's hands then I guess you will get up to his average. But if for some reason you only get the up to 3.75 then should go for Bickley, he was getting 2/3 points riding at 2 for us when guesting, so should be okay at reserve.

Yeah we had bickley at reserve couple years ago. Won't be able to use him at Leicester as Berwick at home same night though

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah we had bickley at reserve couple years ago. Won't be able to use him at Leicester as Berwick at home same night though

Could use Hume ;) He got 5 there last time (finished off with a heat win). But if you get up to 5, it is a shame James Wright's average is 5.33 as he got 7 at reserve when guesting for us at Leicester. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Could use Hume ;) He got 5 there last time (finished off with a heat win). But if you get up to 5, it is a shame James Wright's average is 5.33 as he got 7 at reserve when guesting for us at Leicester. 

Quite a few options seem to have disappeared with the September averages. Had a quick look probably looking at the sarj, Ruml or either of the Cook brothers. Although how likely Poole are to help a fellow play off team I don't know