British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Just listened to the Tomlinson interview from yesterday. Still no answers to what has actually gone on but at least he's having a dig at Gaming. Its a toned down version of what I would have expected from the club if they were distraught at going out of business but at least he's saying something.  Will be very interesting to see if SBC stick to their guns re planning permissions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Just listened to the Tomlinson interview from yesterday. Still no answers to what has actually gone on but at least he's having a dig at Gaming. Its a toned down version of what I would have expected from the club if they were distraught at going out of business but at least he's saying something.  Will be very interesting to see if SBC stick to their guns re planning permissions.

When Tr got the pay out .no need to be distraught

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 10:23 AM, auntie doris said:

Hope you're well mate...not much from Tommo, apart from saying Swindon were the Liverpool, Man City of speedway.

I am good thanks mate, hope you are too.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Moderator - this thread needs moving  please to clear space for those clubs actually racing (or planning to race in the Premiership)

Clear space? There's only seven of them left.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Moderator - this thread needs moving  please to clear space for those clubs actually racing (or planning to race in the Premiership)

A better idea would be to clear out moaners like old bob. Far more efficient and saves people having read all the moans.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 5

Have you thought of a move Bob?.. Margate, Ramsgate, Westgate:rofl:

• Haha 3

As a management team we are in regular dialogue. Terry Russell, Alun Rossiter, Steve Park and myself catch up most weeks and we are simply waiting and watching at this stage.” that was 2021 .. But somehow now . "We don't own the club, and we haven't worked for the club since 2019. We've known as much or as little as anybody else has known.

Classic ,

I dont know all the ins and outs like the Swindon fans but firstly im gutted what has happened  Swindon are a great club with a great history and its a disgrace GI were allowed to close down the stadium by stealth under a tissue of lies. I will certainly miss my trips down there always was one of my favourite away days. Hopefully a new facility can be found and we see the club return.

• Like 1

Sensitivity not in your vocabulary then? Or is it just ignorance?

• Like 3

A ) Why are they appealing for a brand new motorsport venue as though someone might be throwing one away? Surely anyone connected to motorsports in the area has some awareness of what's happened at Swindon already?

B ) Why are they getting involved with Gaming International to find a new track? The exact same people who have just driven them from their perfectly good home?

Edited by JCookie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Motorsports.Ltd ..................Look for new site , 45 minute drive from city centre !?.                          https://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3520.1

Do they think people are stupid... Where i come from it's called a crock of  sh$t.

• Like 3

"“We’ve brought together an experienced professional team to assist us,"

If and when they find a suitable location (and let's see if they can find one quicker than anyone in Cradley could) they will put out another experienced professional team to try to find 7 more riders that the country doesn't have to populate the available team places.