British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

23 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Nothing much to worry about, that applies to dozens of riders that spit their dummy out. 

But that one is notorious for being fragile mentally.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:50 PM, therefused said:

Riding today at Scunthorpe apparently 

Did he?

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

But that one is notorious for being fragile mentally.

Again, I'm sure there's plenty fit in that category. 

2 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Again, I'm sure there's plenty fit in that category. 

Probably a few on this forum if you look on the general discussion section.;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, therefused said:

Yes 

And rode really well according to people who were there, not long till he's back in a team.

3 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

not long till he's back in a team. 

Team/Cell

Delete as applicable

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

And rode really well according to people who were there, not long till he's back in a team.

Chain Gang.

8 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Would think if a promotion was stupid enough to sign him, that promotion would lose most of the crowd  !!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Team/Cell

Delete as applicable

House..(someone's)..

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

I hope not but if he is then at least I can give him the deserved pelters from trackside. Wrong’un

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, Lioness said:

I get your points Humphrey

Was he high on drugs when he committed the offence?  Can or should that be taken as an excuse?  Or is he just nasty? WIth regards going into employment I very much feel its a horses for courses situation. You wouldnt put a child abuser in a position within a school, I certainly would not be happy about a plumber with his record going into the home of an elderly person - doesnt mean he cant be a plumber, just that I wouldnt want him in the home of a vulnerable person.

Sport is a slightly different kettle of fish.  There is the aspect of people in sport being seen as 'examples' to their fans and therein lies the crux of the matter for me.  I dont think we should be putting someone with his record back in a situation where he will have 'fans' including the young and the impressionable

yeah, let em stick to rap music glorifying guns and gangs and shoot em up movies

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ch958 said:

yeah, let em stick to rap music glorifying guns and gangs and shoot em up movies

Driving around LA, with a prostitute, in a souped up Lambo, selling drugs and machine gunning all your drug pushing competition....:D

• Haha 2

On 4/21/2024 at 7:52 PM, JanAndersen said:

I hope not but if he is then at least I can give him the deserved pelters from trackside. Wrong’un

Pelters is an informal Scottish term that refers to criticism or verbal abuse. It is a plural noun.

Pelter, on the other hand is a noun that refers to a person who pelts. A shower of missiles, rain, anger, etc.

It can also refer to a pinchpenny, a mean , sordid person, a miser, or skinflint.

So which pelters you handing out? Or are you a pelter, a mean sordid person :rofl:

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Pelters is an informal Scottish term that refers to criticism or verbal abuse. It is a plural noun.

Pelter, on the other hand is a noun that refers to a person who pelts. A shower of missiles, rain, anger, etc.

It can also refer to a pinchpenny, a mean , sordid person, a miser, or skinflint.

So which pelters you handing out? Or are you a pelter, a mean sordid person :rofl:

You could also add in Pelt:

A pelt is an animal's skin, fur and all. If you are wearing a fur coat, you are really wearing a pelt.

:D

Edited by iainb