British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

I get your impression of the track ,  but this might sound a bit strange but if you stand on the track and look at it from that angle it looks different agan.

There seemed to be a few struggling with the turn 3 dip last night

Hello Lions fans, Monarchs fan here looking for advice for next weekend. Is there public transport to the track (bus or taxi) from the city centre area or is it best to just drive?

48 minutes ago, Prentice1874 said:

Hello Lions fans, Monarchs fan here looking for advice for next weekend. Is there public transport to the track (bus or taxi) from the city centre area or is it best to just drive?

Any bus going to the Beaumont Leys Shopping Centre, (route 14a) will be your best bet from the City Centre. They run every 20 minutes on a Saturday leaving the Haymarket Bus Station stand HG @ 05, 25 & 45 past the hour. Transit time is 33 mins. Its then a ten minute walk across the shopping centre car park to the track. Getting back the busses leave the shopping centre at 21:13 & 22:13 depending on the finish time. Taxi's easy to pick up in the CC and take a firms number for the return journey. I hope this is of help and if you make it down come along to the startline and say Hello. Depends on if you want a few drinks but drive would be easier IMHO.

Edited by W9 Lion

16 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Any bus going to the Beaumont Leys Shopping Centre, (route 14a) will be your best bet from the City Centre. They run every 20 minutes on a Saturday leaving the Haymarket Bus Station stand HG @ 05, 25 & 45 past the hour. Transit time is 33 mins. Its then a ten minute walk across the shopping centre car park to the track. Getting back the busses leave the shopping centre at 21:13 & 22:13 depending on the finish time. Taxi's easy to pick up in the CC and take a firms number for the return journey. I hope this is of help and if you make it down come along to the startline and say Hello. Depends on if you want a few drinks but drive would be easier IMHO.

Thank you so much W9, fantastic info. Not sure if I'll have a beer or not yet but this gives me the option. Your help is much appreciated, see you at the start line.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:54 PM, iainb said:

How do you think it's possible for me to order a Tobias Musielak shirt in whatever size I like in Poland for around £20? With personalisation. 

There can't be that much call for them surely. How do you think they can still do that and still be making a profit? Genuine question. 

I ordered a Justin EFkins shirt and it took 3 seasons to be delivered

The couriers van kept breaking down

• Haha 2

Can anyone confirm Nick Morris is out for tomorrow’s clash at Scunthorpe ? If so who will be the guest  ?  Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Can anyone confirm Nick Morris is out for tomorrow’s clash at Scunthorpe ? If so who will be the guest  ?  Thanks in advance

I believe nick has concussion so standard 9 day stand down period. Will also miss match with Glasgow

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

Was announced as Aaron Summers at the last home meeting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

Was announced as Aaron Summers at the last home meeting.

Good luck with that, Scunny definitely not Aaron's favourite track.

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Good luck with that, Scunny definitely not Aaron's favourite track.

He got 9 points for Berwick on his last visit. So I'm not sure where you get your conclusion from.. including winning heat 15..With Lawson already booked to guest for Edinburgh, the only riders available with a higher GSA than Summers are NBJ and Etheridge. 

Edited by justathought

22 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Where abouts in the city centre will you be based? I might be able to pass that way on the way to the track dependent on where you are.

15 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

I ordered a Justin EFkins shirt and it took 3 seasons to be delivered

The couriers van kept breaking down

Baddumm Tish.... :D

6 hours ago, justathought said:

He got 9 points for Berwick on his last visit. So I'm not sure where you get your conclusion from.. including winning heat 15..With Lawson already booked to guest for Edinburgh, the only riders available with a higher GSA than Summers are NBJ and Etheridge. 

....... and they are carrying injuries & did not race last night.

6 hours ago, justathought said:

and 11+1 in 2019

On 9/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, Prentice1874 said:

On 9/2/2021 at 12:11 PM, Prentice1874 said:

Where abouts in the city centre will you be based? I might be able to pass that way on the way to the track dependent on where you are

• Like 1