British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You don't have many options at all. Most likely will be Richard Lawson

There’ll be plenty of options even if they’re not eye catching. We have two 3 pointers for a start, one of which is a rising star that we have no choice with, but we have a few lower end averaged riders that could potentially be swapped out at some point. I’m certain as the season progresses more options will become available as the travel plan becomes clearer. 

This won’t be the 1-7 that finishes the season, that I’ll guarantee. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Klindt out and replaced by Jake Allen permanently but Allen not available for this fixture. Jordan Stewart also missing. So it’s R/R for Klindt, and a guest yet to be named for Stewart. 

Great start!

And so another great speedway season begins:rofl:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Cynical me also wonders why this was announced the day after tickets went on sale......

Those words could well have come from my keyboard:P

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

And so another great speedway season begins:rofl:

I’d get used to it if I were you. This sort of thing has been a major bugbear for all of us over the years, but for the time being at least, we’re gonna have to cut them some slack and just go with it. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well that’s decided it for me, R/R a guest and a showery forecast means the chances of getting VFM for my twenty quid are a lot smaller. 

Cynical me also wonders why this was announced the day after tickets went on sale......

Just wait for R/R for Riss too.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 6:17 PM, Speedball said:

Looks like Lynn will be full strength but will be interesting to see the Ipswich lineup when it’s announced. I wonder if we’ll see the first R/R of the season?

No surprise about Klindt. Heard a whisper the change was in the offing but surprised about Stewart. 

Just now, Speedball said:

No surprise about Klindt. Heard a whisper the change was in the offing but surprised about Stewart. 

I think most people saw the Klindt situation being odds on this would happen

Visa delays it seems with Stewart. Processes have to be followed and the next can't begin until the previous is complete

Just goes to show that whilst everything changes nothing really changes :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Just wait for R/R for Riss too.

Yep that had crossed my mind too. 

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well that’s decided it for me, R/R a guest and a showery forecast means the chances of getting VFM for my twenty quid are a lot smaller. 

I'd say realist rather than cynic (unfortunately) same old bs straight from the start

Luckily cash on the night is still an option at Foxhall and I will be taking that option and evaluating developments before parting with my hard earned each time

With a 2000 initial capacity I don't see myself missing out as a result!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d get used to it if I were you. This sort of thing has been a major bugbear for all of us over the years, but for the time being at least, we’re gonna have to cut them some slack and just go with it. 

Don’t worry about me I’ll be on (last years this year)  holibobs. I’ve long given up on speedway as a sport or a way to spend money. I’m only on this thread as a respite from the Covid thread:rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

From what I have heard their is some slack being given this year as travelling in and out of the country will undoubtedly cause problems for most teams at some points.

I just hope that this slack is applied fairly to everyone and no one is allowed to take advantage.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Who will be next for a team change.....

Potentially anyone riding Poland on a Sunday and/or Denmark on a Wednesday - flights being the expected nightmare!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

From what I have heard their is some slack being given this year as travelling in and out of the country will undoubtedly cause problems for most teams at some points.

I just hope that this slack is applied fairly to everyone and no one is allowed to take advantage.

Why should there be any slack.... the same for everyone. If a rider is missing then tough.  NL guest.  That goes for Monday's meeting.  Should be 2 NL guests for Ipswich as neither of the missing riders have ridden for the club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Why should there be any slack.... the same for everyone. If a rider is missing then tough.  NL guest.  That goes for Monday's meeting.  Should be 2 NL guests for Ipswich as neither of the missing riders have ridden for the club. 

Correct,,, then no one can say this team had this and another team had something different 

• Like 1