British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

20.06.2021 3pm - Scorpions v Glasgow plus BYC

Looks like we have bettered last weeks late meeting collapse this week.

well done to the Scorps .

We await Camis response this week.

Maybe explain his heat 15 selections when a point was still achievable, or has he thrown the towel in.

Edited by Gazc

Didn’t see this result. I think wells is finished!

Not sure what is going on with cookie? Pretty mediocre at stmp last week.

1 minute ago, Robinh88 said:

Didn’t see this result. I think wells is finished!

Not sure what is going on with cookie? Pretty mediocre at stmp last week.

I could see it don’t think we are as good as some make out.

we are a decent team but not title contenders at this  time , they just don’t seem to be firing  just now and invariably go missing in heats 13 & 15 which isn’t like Cookie.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I could see it don’t think we are as good as some make out.

we are a decent team but not title contenders at this  time , they just don’t seem to be firing  just now and invariably go missing in heats 13 & 15 which isn’t like Cookie.

You are a good team for sure.

Well done Josh Mac,I said that you should persevere with him and he will come good.feel for Josh auty but clearly something isn't quite right.good signing in Adam,watch him go....!!!

3 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

You are a good team for sure.

If they all clicked at the same time then I would agree with you but there is still time for this to happen.

Just need to dust ourselves down and hopefully regain our early season form again.

Me think one or two nervous Tigers over the next few days.:blink:

20 minutes ago, screm said:

Me think one or two nervous Tigers over the next few days.:blink:

Wouldn’t be a surprise we aren’t slow to change if they are underperforming.

Think they will be given time to iron out the issues they have though.

Edited by Gazc

Two away collapses in a week, not good. Can see another nail coming out of Wells already shoogly peg. Good move by the Scorps to bring in Allen for Auty. Berwick away next Saturday, which team will sh1te it first?

Edited by MD

22 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wouldn’t be a surprise we aren’t slow to change if they are underperforming.

Think they will be given time to iron out the issues they have though.

Still think Glasgow are favourites for the title.

They have a strong reserve and a solid top 5. If Sam moves up into top 5 they will then have a rider with a wealth of experience in reserve berth. Team manager has made a few questionable decisions at Redcar and today at Sunny. Will be interesting to hear his reasoning for heat 15 selection.

Would have been long odds on Glasgow and Leicester not winning a single league point today!!

Well done Scopions and Diamonds

• Like 2

Well, a lot of us did not see that result coming but what an end to another entertaining meeting with Glasgow capitulating at the end with a few dummies being spat out for heat 15 with their choice of riders( Managers decision to get the right riders with a point at stake even if they have to use different bikes). A poor showing by Glasgow's top riders & manager.

Allen an excellent choice of guest, which I thought he would be, but when at the back in the first heat was always going to be filled in on a wet track with no one veering off the inside line.

The track looked like it was prepared different to last week with a lot of shale on the landing strip in the centre green. This was probably due to the stock cars on Saturday night & more expected rainfall due that didn't fall. This led to the track not being moist enough with a lot of dust evident even after a light watering, which happened several times.

As regards the new no 1, pleased but also sad as Auty is "Mr Scunthorpe" but if he gets his fitness back & head right(tyre issues), we might see him back this year but the other riders are doing enough to keep or improve their averages at the moment. What will Ellis average in the Championship as he would need to perform similar to Masters to keep his converted 9.74 ish average.