British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Scunthorpe Scorpions 18th August

All being well its business as usual next Wednesday for the Pirates  after this week's postponement due to stadium staff having to self isolate after the stadium manager testing  positive to covid .

Hopefully both Ben Cook and New signing Benjamin Basso will be part of the proceedings.

Scunthorpe have in their ranks two riders (Adam Ellis and Thomas Jorgensen) who will definitely pose a threat and they both ride Poole well.

I believe Josh Mcdonald who is currently riding at reserve was due to join the Pirates last year until Covid-19 brought the season to a halt before a wheel had been turned. 

It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Simon Lambert had a good evening tonight at home to Redcar but I don't recall him doing much at Wimborne Road In  the past.

Tero Aarnio I can't remember if has ridden at Poole or not and I don't think Jordan Palin has ever ridden here either.

I will stick my neck out and I think Poole should win this encounter but everyone needs to be on the pace.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shaleshifter
Typing error

25 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

All being well its business as usual next Wednesday for the Pirates  after this week's postponement due to stadium staff having to self isolate after the stadium manager testing  positive to covid .

Hopefully both Ben Cook and New signing Benjamin Basso will be part of the proceedings.

Scunthorpe have in their ranks two riders (Adam Ellis and Thomas Jorgensen) who will definitely pose a threat and they both ride Poole well.

I believe Josh Mcdonald who is currently riding at reserve was due to join the Pirates last year until Covid-19 brought the season to a halt before a wheel had been turned. 

Simon Lambert had a good evening tonight at home to Redcar but I don't recall him doing much at Wimborne Road In  the past.

Tero Aarnio I can't remember if has ridden at Poole or not and I don't think Jordan Palin has ever ridden here either.

I will stick my neck out and I think Poole should win this encounter but everyone needs to be on the pace.

Thoughts?

Reading the Scunthorpe programme tonight Godfrey says Jorgensen has commitments in Denmark so have a feeling it will be r/r for him 

29 minutes ago, Shaleshifter said:

Thoughts?

Easy home win we don’t travel to well 

Easy Pirates win. If it’s R/R for Jorgensen it could be Poole v 7 rides Adam Ellis. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

9 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Thoughts?

I think he has ridden Poole once before when guesting for someone like KL. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think he has ridden Poole once before when guesting for someone like KL. 

Aarnio scored 1 point in his 2017 visit, and Simon Lambert scored 1 and 2 points in his two visits to Wimborne Rd in 2018.

Not sure if Basso is gonna appear on Wednesday as I think he may have one more Danish fixture to fulfill?

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not sure if Basso is gonna appear on Wednesday as I think he may have one more Danish fixture to fulfill?

What that mean another junior in his place ?

• Like 1

Can people pay on the turnstile at Poole. I need to add a new item to the Scunny website, advising them to buy tickets for Plymouth by online in advance, but have Poole gone back to normal? 

19 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Can people pay on the turnstile at Poole. I need to add a new item to the Scunny website, advising them to buy tickets for Plymouth by online in advance, but have Poole gone back to normal? 

Yes, no problem.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Reading the Scunthorpe programme tonight Godfrey says Jorgensen has commitments in Denmark so have a feeling it will be r/r for him 

Couldn’t the Scorpions use a guest.

12 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Couldn’t the Scorpions use a guest.

Yes, but with Jorgensen being 2nd in our averages, Ellis can now take an r/r ride.

Not many guest options available at 6.9 or below. On current form, maybe Starke but who would guest at Poole with, probably, not a decent pay day. Best to give our riders the extra rides & practice.

So after a cheating covid story hopefully Poole have there full 7 on track and don't have to make up any more stories to abandon in case they lose.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1