British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

7 minutes ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.

What that not the early season trophy contested between the winners of the league and ko cup from the previous year?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

I just read recent Speedway Star, section with season preview. In King's Lynn I found such a part:

image.png.d1b4b5a71ad020f5ad26404dc79ef20a.png

What is "Premiership: 2001" in there? At that time there was no Premiership. King's Lynn was riding in Elite League and didn't win it. I didn't find any competition they won that year.

Jason Crump won the Elite Lge riders championship in 2001 riding for Kings Lynn. Maybe that counts...:D

9 minutes ago, HenryW said:

What that not the early season trophy contested between the winners of the league and ko cup from the previous year?

Exactly this, Premiership Shield or something similar. We beat Eastbourne over two legs, they had won the League and us the Cup in 2000. Remember Puk having some his first rides over here as a number 8 in the home leg. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Wow thanks. Couldn't find that on Wikipedia or in Speedway Archive. However indeed those results exist on SpeedwayResearcher.

4 hours ago, Vicar said:

Hello,

image.png.d1b4b5a71ad020f5ad26404dc79ef20a.png

Not bad for 56 seasons !!!!

• Haha 3

The premiership trophy was between league champions of 2000 Eastbourne and ko cup winners kings lynn hope this clears things up

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Not bad for 56 seasons !!!!

We've never been a proper team in the top flight. 

We're the prop-up team in the top flight. 

So are the Kildemand 'not returning' rumours true then??

Supposedly injured for the first month yet rides tonight in Poland for Gniezno

PSX_20220404_233337.jpg

Edited by Daniel Smith

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So are the Kildemand 'not returning' rumours true then??

Supposedly injured for the first month yet rides tonight in Poland for Gniezno

PSX_20220404_233337.jpg

Killer was the rider that worried me when he was announced. I didn’t think he would do a season, and that made him a risk, and the risk in last seasons team only lasted 2 meetings.. I hope to be proved wrong on this, because it could stuff our season up..

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

In the club's early days, the Stars were there just to make up the numbers. That was the view of the promoters of the big clubs.

He can’t come back till after NKI as done his 28 days anyway. You can’t cancel a 28 day injury replacement 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What utter rubbish 

Have a look at results for 2000 was very unlucky not to have won the top flight that season and also early 70s we was there it there about a to say we’ve never been a proper team in the top flight is absolute rubbish. 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Many a club had proper teams but sadly no longer have a stadium to race in. Whatever the rights and wrongs down the years, King’s Lynn are still racing. 

I wonder how many fans would rather say that than yeah we won x amounts of trophies but don’t have a team to support anymore. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

What utter rubbish 

Have a look at results for 2000 was very unlucky not to have won the top flight that season and also early 70s we was there it there about a to say we’ve never been a proper team in the top flight is absolute rubbish. 

Suppose the only bad luck in 2000 was to come up against the best team Eastbourne had ever produced at any time in their history and just edged it, but it was close and both were way ahead of anyone else that season. Although KL had Crump and Adams topping the averages, Eastbourne had 5 riders average between 7 and 9.6, and all British in a proper Elite league.....

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

He can’t come back till after NKI as done his 28 days anyway. You can’t cancel a 28 day injury replacement 

People always overlook this part of the rule. Surely we want PK to ride as much as possible elsewhere before NKI leaves.