British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

You would need a different engine to ride at Lynn to the one you would ride at Poole,or at least you use to if you wanted to do well.I knew riders would just have an engine for the Lynn track.It is more slicker nowadays so probably not so much the case anymore.

And a pair of these...  But i hear Poole is much smoother these days:D

Motorbike Rear Shock Absorber 340mm Shock Pair Universal Zaddox RS2  black-gold ✓ Buy now!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Glad he tested it out at KL and not Poole then!:P

He had it the week before and scored 10+2, it just didn't suit the grippy track I guess ....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

He had it the week before and scored 10+2, it just didn't suit the grippy track I guess ....

His injured knee prob doesn't suit grippy tracks either! ;)

On 6/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bagpuss said:

I read somewhere that he had a new engine which didn't perform well.

Same engine as used for the previous 2 home meetings, both scoring double figures. 

Just getting out the starts were the problem against Ipswich, no need to panic.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, ScottCampos178 said:

no need to panic.

Couldn't agree more.

On 6/13/2022 at 10:05 PM, ScottCampos178 said:

Same engine as used for the previous 2 home meetings, both scoring double figures. 

Just getting out the starts were the problem against Ipswich, no need to panic.

I'm not panicking yet Scott, just a bit concerned that's all. I know he has had some ok scores.  What concerns me is 3 heat wins in 29 starts so far this season, compared to 77 starts and 30 heat wins last season. If we aim for a play off place, and to do something if we get there, i think we will need more HT wins from Richard. Maybe he has been struggling with his starts all season so far ?, compared to last. Your obviously privy to more than us. But hope he finds the solution :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

His starting is his biggest asset. Normally razor sharp from the gate is Lawson. 

That's what concerns me Arch.

• Like 1

Jack Thomas faces 6-8 weeks out with his injuries.Apparently Lynn are looking at options to replace him.Imo it needs doing as i can't see Mulford achieving what Thomas has done,although will be ok as a no8.Will there be anyone who could come in and do a job like Jack has done,Shanes,Edwards,Clegg probably the best options so far but probably not a Jack's level imo.

48 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Jack Thomas faces 6-8 weeks out with his injuries.Apparently Lynn are looking at options to replace him.Imo it needs doing as i can't see Mulford achieving what Thomas has done,although will be ok as a no8.Will there be anyone who could come in and do a job like Jack has done,Shanes,Edwards,Clegg probably the best options so far but probably not a Jack's level imo.

Is Anders Rowe any good around Lynn?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TTT said:

Is Anders Rowe any good around Lynn?

He's been ok around Lynn,but if came back to UK racing i would have thought Ipswich would have something to say about that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He's been ok around Lynn,but if came back to UK racing i would have thought Ipswich would have something to say about that.

I think he stepped down from the side like he did with Leicester.

Belle Vue have also given permission to Connor Bailey to look for another club apparently that was posted by someone ITK on the Peterborough thread.

He could fill the role until Jack recovers.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

I hope Jake Knight isn’t on the rising star list. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Surely Simon Lambert is the prime candidate to take the rising star slot :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Surely Simon Lambert is the prime candidate to take the rising star slot :rofl: 

People moan about Lambert but im sure he'd score more points then others mentioned like Shanes/Clegg.