British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2022

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And all those in Poland have just as little interest in Kings Lynn and the rest of British/World speedway  - hence they flex their current muscle to get their own way with the result being the situation the Stars find themselves in now....

As expected.......

• Like 1

Just my opinion but it stinks that Poland can dictate who rides where, I totally would understand if it was Polish riders who they didn't want riding in other leagues but to ban other nation riders is an absolute joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Just my opinion but it stinks that Poland can dictate who rides where, I totally would understand if it was Polish riders who they didn't want riding in other leagues but to ban other nation riders is an absolute joke

They are not banning them - they ask them to make a choice

All these riders are free to choose to ride in the UK. It is their free will to sign the contracts in Poland with the restrictions on participating in other leagues and which additional teams they join

British Speedway is simply the least attractive option for most at the moment for a variety of reasons  - money , travel , the tracks , number and timing of fixtures 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And all those in Poland have just as little interest in Kings Lynn and the rest of British/World speedway  - hence they flex their current muscle to get their own way with the result being the situation the Stars find themselves in now....

Didn't the stars know that this would happen? Having Iversen in the side before Poland/Sweden started was one thing but using him in breach of his Polish contract is quite another.

I would guess that given the shortage of riders Lynn kept on using Iversen knowing that either the poles would turn a blind eye or they would be granted a facility 'in the interest of speedway' 

22 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Didn't the stars know that this would happen? Having Iversen in the side before Poland/Sweden started was one thing but using him in breach of his Polish contract is quite another.

I would guess that given the shortage of riders Lynn kept on using Iversen knowing that either the poles would turn a blind eye or they would be granted a facility 'in the interest of speedway' 

I expect everyone knew it was a distinct possibility but I suspect Kildemand would have long been back in had he not broken bones. As selfish as the Polish rules are everybody knew about them and  as far as I can see the club aren't jumping up and down and have accepted it. Lodz gave him permission to ride here initially and hopey he'll be back.

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There wasn't many complaint 20-30yrs ago when we were the dictators. 

The issue isn't Poland, the issue is our own (head in the sand) ego's screaming foul play. 

The true reality of World League Speedway we're about 5th in the rankings. 

1. Exstraliga

2. Elitserien

3. Dansk Speedway Liga

4. Bundesliga

5. Premiership 

Were we ever dictators?Can't really remember British clubs refusing to let riders appear in other leagues.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Were we ever dictators?Can't really remember British clubs refusing to let riders appear in other leagues.

Regularly, it was the reason the 28 day ban was introduced. We forced rider's to pick the UK or lose a months wages. Only within the last 15yrs rider's haven't given an F about it to ride in Poland's top 2 tiers. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, screm said:

Every chance that Chris Harris will be on the phone offering his services.

Peterborough not too far away so maybe if both KL and Peterborough are at home on any evening, he could nip forwards and backwards and appear for both? .... 

The time taken between heats for track grading may just allow it maybe? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I expect everyone knew it was a distinct possibility but I suspect Kildemand would have long been back in had he not broken bones. As selfish as the Polish rules are everybody knew about them and  as far as I can see the club aren't jumping up and down and have accepted it. Lodz gave him permission to ride here initially and hopey he'll be back.

But with a 28 day ban which has to follow him withholding his services will there be any season left to come back to once that times comes....

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But with a 28 day ban which has to follow him withholding his services will there be any season left to come back to once that times comes....

Depends on how many 'postponements' there are between now and then ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Regularly, it was the reason the 28 day ban was introduced. We forced rider's to pick the UK or lose a months wages. Only within the last 15yrs rider's haven't given an F about it to ride in Poland's top 2 tiers. 

Can't say I remember that.I didnt think they stopped rider's from riding elsewhere.Understandibly they didn't want rider's riding somewhere else on a night they was meant to be riding in the UK,which was fair enough.Im sure they got bans for this if they did.I didn't think they were stopped from riding elsewhere which is happening at the moment concerning Poland.

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

And you can add that this country is still the ONLY country who want to have EVERY day/night of the week available to them...

Simply. When Poland started to take over the UK's place at the head of the table, then this country, (whilst it still had strength and influence), should have just "gone it alone" and set up without needing to rely on so many overseas riders.. 

Instead. It bent over, changed race nights to accommodate even more overseas riders, and then felt hard done to when the same riders all said "I'm off", and dropped the UK, leaving the promoters with their only route of either bringing over even more overseas riders, but of a much reduced standard from those who had said "goodbye", and letting pretty much every rider ride for two teams. (Which then renders the leagues somewhat farcical)..

Too many promoters want to compete at a level that either their purse strings dont allow, or not having enough riders available at the desired level they want to run at, doesnt allow..

When all that gets aligned, (hope springs eternal), and tracks only open for business on nights their customers want, rather than nights their employees want, then maybe recovery and growth can start to be achieved..

11 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

They havent banned anybody. As I said in a previous post, NKI is just as much to blame… he could of always dropped one of his other teams or heaven forbid his Polish team. He could of signed for Newcastle and double upped then too!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

They are not banning them - they ask them to make a choice

All these riders are free to choose to ride in the UK. It is their free will to sign the contracts in Poland with the restrictions on participating in other leagues and which additional teams they join

British Speedway is simply the least attractive option for most at the moment for a variety of reasons  - money , travel , the tracks , number and timing of fixtures 

This is the part clubs & riders fail to mention when complaining about the restrictive Polish contracts!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

YES

Have a look at the 1970s Polish averages. How many meetings did riders like Jancarz and Plech miss because their British contracts required them to be in the UK?

• Like 1