British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

5 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Glasgow’s statement would make a lot of the ‘I heard’ or ‘I was told’ on here seem as expected total bs

https://glasgowtigers.co.uk/glasgow-and-leicester-to-try-again-on-wednesday-after-rain-off/

Professional successful people like the facenna's are not going to get into a public slinging match like others have this season. Never heard of diplomacy?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prentice1874 said:

What a weird situation. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but this was very odd. I'm maybe just frustrated at wasting two hours in a stadium for nothing. Hopefully no dramas in the restaging.

Rain going by the forecast could be the biggest drama.

Hopefully it changes between now and then.

Just now, Gazc said:

Rain going by the forecast could be the biggest drama.

Hopefully it changes between now and then.

Will be called early if any doubt.IMO.

7 minutes ago, gmuncie said:

Glasgow’s statement would make a lot of the ‘I heard’ or ‘I was told’ on here seem as expected total bs

https://glasgowtigers.co.uk/glasgow-and-leicester-to-try-again-on-wednesday-after-rain-off/

They couldn’t really say anything else though I guess they were as disappointed on today as everyone else.

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I'm always polite Lisa... unless someone is rude to me. Courtesy costs nothing :)

I learnt from experience. I know how frustrating rain offs can be for fans especially if you have been waiting around for an hour or so. I did tell a rider once what I thought about it! lol. I probably wouldn't even waste my energy now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I couldn’t make today as I was up North working but I am more wary than I have ever been on any sniff of rain.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Complete farce no mention of money back just goodnight folks :rofl:

Wrong , you could have got a refund or a rain off ticket , that was announced and plenty of people did 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Piss off, we want to see racing.

Only racing you would have seen today would have been the kids race after heat 10. :D

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

Just now, Paulco said:

Wrong , you could have got a refund or a rain off ticket , that was announced and plenty of people did 

With all due respect 4 of us from workington didnt hear that as we followed others out of the stadium , myself am at work at 5 am on mon and we had to get away after standing around for 2/12 hrs we just wanted to get home.with fuel food and entry allmost £ 100 out of pocket, if the track had been left alone after a couple of hts it would have been sorted young thompson showed it could be ridden, the others in that "race" just wernt interested.

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Piss off, we want to see racing.

A bit of an overreaction! Calm down dear and read my post about being courteous.

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

With all due respect 4 of us from workington didnt hear that as we followed others out of the stadium , myself am at work at 5 am on mon and we had to get away after standing around for 2/12 hrs we just wanted to get home.with fuel food and entry allmost £ 100 out of pocket, if the track had been left alone after a couple of hts it would have been sorted young thompson showed it could be ridden, the others in that "race" just wernt interested.

Surely you could have asked,there was a queue at the tickets booths when I went out.(they weren’t coming in) anothe couple off minutes wouldn’t have mattered.Like you say Dan Thompson showed the right attitude.

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yes it will be a early decision first think In the morning 

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

A bit of an overreaction! Calm down dear and read my post about being courteous.

As I said, we wan't to see racing. If you don't join Speedway Manager. And don't call me dear you dip stick.

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Surely you could have asked,there was a queue at the tickets booths when I went out.(they weren’t coming in) anothe couple off minutes wouldn’t have mattered.Like you say Dan Thompson showed the right attitude.

Went out of exit off bend 4 into car park so missed entrance they can keep the 2 i paid for rather it went riders benifit fund

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

As I said, we wan't to see racing. If you don't join Speedway Manager. And don't call me dear you dip stick.

You've had all summer to watch racing, get your jollies by being a bit of a prat do you?

• Haha 1