British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

3 hours ago, Solidmango said:

From a Glasgow perspective, we don't have any real urgency/need to run this meeting before the cut off, as long as we get the Birmingham meeting on Friday, and we get 3pts, then we are secure in second place. The only team that could overtake us is Leicester by beating us at home, that assumes Redcar don't win at Poole tonight. 

But from a Leicester perspective, if Poole beat Redcar, Glasgow beat Birmingham and Leicester beat Kent, then Leicester will only need a draw at Glasgow to finish second.

• Like 1

Taken from the S.C.B. book of rules:-  (no doubt subject to change, re-writing, alteration, making it up as they go along or buggering it about if it's for the good of the sport)!

010.1.2 Completion of Fixtures
It is the duty of the staging Promotion to ensure that all fixtures are
completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a team
fixture, the Promoter(s)/Associate(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date.
Should they fail to agree the sole authority to specify a date and/or venue
for the re-staging shall lie with the BSPA Directors.

In all events that count towards an Official British Speedway Competition
the Regulations must be adhered to and any team or individual found in
breach of the Regulations, will be liable to a penalty including the loss of
league points or removal from a competition.

So, if Glasgow have failed to stage the event by the cut off date, then aren't they in breech of the regulations and loose the league points or in this case, points should have to be awarded to the opposing team?

Edited by PowerfulPierre
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Elmo said:

But from a Leicester perspective, if Poole beat Redcar, Glasgow beat Birmingham and Leicester beat Kent, then Leicester will only need a draw at Glasgow to finish second.

But, do the Leicester riders want to finish second?

3rd - 6th placed teams have 2 Play Off meetings guaranteed, with the chance of a further 2 meetings.

1st & 2nd have only 2 Play Off meetings. ;)

1 hour ago, Elmo said:

Only:D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Taken from the S.C.B. book of rules:-  (no doubt subject to change, re-writing, alteration, making it up as they go along or buggering it about if it's for the good of the sport)!

So, if Glasgow have failed to stage the event by the cut off date, then aren't they in breech of the regulations and loose the league points or in this case, points should have to be awarded to the opposing team?

Wouldn’t imagine so they can’t control the weather unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

But, do the Leicester riders want to finish second?

3rd - 6th placed teams have 2 Play Off meetings guaranteed, with the chance of a further 2 meetings.

1st & 2nd have only 2 Play Off meetings. ;)

Would have thought those involved in top league play offs do.

42 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

No they are not ,and it has happened in the past that Teams did not complete fixtures before cut -off date.Theyhad to complete the fixture before the end of season though or face a hefty fine.Even though it was meaning less.

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No they are not ,and it has happened in the past that Teams did not complete fixtures before cut -off date.Theyhad to complete the fixture before the end of season though or face a hefty fine.Even though it was meaning less.

And for a truly bizarre example look no further than Workington v Lakeside in 2018 which was "iced off" after 4 heats the day after the same two teams raced on the same track in the Championship Play-off Grand Final

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And for a truly bizarre example look no further than Workington v Lakeside in 2018 which was "iced off" after 4 heats the day after the same two teams raced on the same track in the Championship Play-off Grand Final

Yip,I was there.Totally bonkers.:rolleyes:

I wasn’t sure, having seen the forecast earlier, if we might regret the call-of today, but looking out of the window now, I see plenty of wind and rain outside. Glad I won’t be trying to stand in that.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I wasn’t sure, having seen the forecast earlier, if we might regret the call-of today, but looking out of the window now, I see plenty of wind and rain outside. Glad I won’t be trying to stand in that.

After Sunday’s fiasco the weather forecast means nothing if there is a cloud in the Sky during the day of the meeting.I would really like the think what the Facenna’s real thoughts on the situation that arose were.Pretty sure they were not the diplomatic answer they had to give out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

After Sunday’s fiasco the weather forecast means nothing if there is a cloud in the Sky during the day of the meeting.I would really like the think what the Facenna’s real thoughts on the situation that arose were.Pretty sure they were not the diplomatic answer they had to give out.

Maybe next year when putting a team together there first question on signing might be.

Do you like Rain.

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yes, Peter did not look happy at all on Sunday, though he said what he had to. In the circumstances, fully understandable they weren’t going to take any risks today. I felt bad for them and the track staff on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I thought you'd supposed to be tough north of the border? Good job it was clear skies back in the April of 1746 :rofl:

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought you'd supposed to be tough north of the border? Good job it was clear skies back in the April of 1746 :rofl:

We are tough with the exception of in no paticular order of wimpiness.

We hate Rain

We hate Wind strong especially

We really hate snow

We hate hailstones

We hate sleet 

We hate brown sauce on our Black Pudding

We hate middle lane motorway drivers

We hate Kilts without Boxers on

We hate Hot weather especially Ginger People (No offence to Ginger people)

We hate kebab sauce when we are drunk

And finally we hate trying to get the key in the door whilst Pis*ed after she has locked you out

There is plenty more but that should do for starters.

• Haha 1