British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

He hated Berwick. Too grippy apparently. I don't see Poole or Leicester being an issue for him, Scunthorpe or Redcar go either way and I'd assume he'll think we've lost the plot when take him to armadale ha 

Thinking along these lines too.

Great meeting. Dr Dickson gave the sicknote to the wrong rider! At one point it looked like he wasnt going to send his riders out for the rerun of ht10. Kennedy put in a good shift at reserve and Morris got better as it went on. Hopefully the weather plays ball across the country this week, time is marching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Be interesting to see how it goes. I don't see Poole picking winners of Leicester and scunny, but then would the long trip to Edinburgh should they beat Redcar?

We've done the best at Edinburgh and winning most of the meeting at Redcar, so assuming we will pick the winner of that tie.

38 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He hated Berwick. Too grippy apparently. I don't see Poole or Leicester being an issue for him, Scunthorpe or Redcar go either way and I'd assume he'll think we've lost the plot when take him to armadale ha 

Poles are always good at Poole, only the odd one that has struggled there.

Looks as if Stewart's stock has gone down considerably with the Glasgow fans in the last couple of weeks.

Good win looked comfortable as I couldn’t get again today miss seeing the crazy pole weaving his way through the field, seems he was at it again today.

I must say, 49-41 flatters Leicester today and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Theres no way we line up the way we did in heats 14 & 15 if its the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cerro said:

I must say, 49-41 flatters Leicester today and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Theres no way we line up the way we did in heats 14 & 15 if its the playoffs.

Na don't think cookie would've been last in 13 if wasn't over as a contest either. Realistically it's 54-36

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Looks as if Stewart's stock has gone down considerably with the Glasgow fans in the last couple of weeks.

Good win looked comfortable as I couldn’t get again today miss seeing the crazy pole weaving his way through the field, seems he was at it again today.

What lead to parting of ways in first place. Stewart was Glasgow through and through.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

What lead to parting of ways in first place. Stewart was Glasgow through and through.

Cause he’s not a yes man to the head gaffers.

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cause he’s not a yes man to the head gaffers.

Oh oh investigation will now be conducted to find out your real name :D.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Na don't think cookie would've been last in 13 if wasn't over as a contest either. Realistically it's 54-36

Cook was pretty slow today by his usual standards

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, seems like Hans was in charge of Leicester not wanting to do it imo, from what I have seen on Instagram. But yes a wet track normally favours the away team unless they are even more unsettled by it than the home riders! ;)

Those of you there was Hans not interested and going through motions. Read some reports he wasn’t that keen on conditions.

10 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Those of you there was Hans not interested and going through motions. Read some reports he wasn’t that keen on conditions.

Looking at his score last night and today think he was maybe looking at his average for next season.Track was slick so can’t imagine he didn’t like it.Good meeting some decent races from most riders.Kennedy was worth more,Howarth needs to stop looking back there all behind him.!!

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

No live stream to watch but seemed a very good solid team performance today by Glasgow. Poor return by Hans Andersen and Kyle Howarth. Team clicking at right time. Any updates as to why R/R for Dan Thompson? 

maybe too many blue smarties .