British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Wouldn’t touch one even if it was free lol

Why not, cause it's awful... :rofl:

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

My forecast saying rain all day Wednesday.  Only dry day tomorrow

Let's hope it changes then! I never trust a forecast until it's the actual day!

• Like 1

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

Just now, scoobydoo said:

Hans Andersen now has to travel back for Peterborough monday,  then down to kent tuesday,  back to Glasgow wed , then back for Thursday at Peterborough.lets hope hes got people doing his driving and maintaining his bikes 

If you see his Instragram stories you will know he does ;)

Just now, scoobydoo said:

He's a professional speedway rider. It's all part of the job.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Let's hope it changes then! I never trust a forecast until it's the actual day!

I guess my point being there isn't a great deal of hope of track drying out or being significantly different to tonight. Unless scrape the whole lot off

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

You may need one for your Christmas Dinner :rofl:

Haggis is lovely.

Pretty difficult to catch though with only having 3 legs.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I guess my point being there isn't a great deal of hope of track drying out or being significantly different to tonight. Unless scrape the whole lot off

Hmm, good point. Fingers crossed then!

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, good point. Fingers crossed then!

No way should cut off date be extended. Weather even more of a lottery in October.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you see his Instragram stories you will know he does ;)

Dont use instragram and im not into stalking thanks:D

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

Looking at the forecast I’m not hopeful of Glasgow getting either of the remaining home fixtures in before the deadline. But hopefully they’ll accept tonight’s tickets on Wednesday if it does run rather than make me pay for another one and wait a month for the refund from tonight.

Trying to make sense of it all with bit part info. Leicester complain at 5pm bends 1 & 2 are too soft so spend 2 hours scraping every speckle of dirt off, tonnes of it, to the point of glass. Why? Was it really that soft or did Leicester not want to ride a grippy  track? Two hours wasted watching tractor racing. Nothing short of embarrassing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

He's a professional speedway rider. It's all part of the job.

Hes a vital member of Dads Army and just hope he ensures hes all present and correct for his duties Monday and Thursday evening this week

Edited by scoobydoo

12 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Looking at the forecast I’m not hopeful of Glasgow getting either of the remaining home fixtures in before the deadline. But hopefully they’ll accept tonight’s tickets on Wednesday if it does run rather than make me pay for another one and wait a month for the refund from tonight.

Having travelled up from the Midlands for this circus, I went to the ticket office and obtained a refund there and then.

1 minute ago, MD said:

Trying to make sense of it all with bit part info. Leicester complain at 5pm bends 1 & 2 are too soft so spend 2 hours scraping every speckle of dirt off, tonnes of it, to the point of glass. Why? Was it really that soft or did Leicester not want to ride a grippy  track? Two hours wasted watching tractor racing. Nothing short of embarrassing.

From my perspective it was the home riders who didn't want to ride when they finally took the track. Cookie was all but lapped by Dan Thompson.