British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

Just now, Solidmango said:

But I wonder if they could’ve ridden it before Stewart complained and 90 mins of track work was done…

Which in all likelihood made the track worse well it did by all accounts.

If I were Glasgow I would rearrange after the cut of date saying that the forecast might dictate that anyway.

Another bloody farce. This is not funny in view of the travelling involved.

If the cut off date is fixed and the fixture cannot  be completed in time, what happens to the available points? Are they scrubbed, shared or handed to the away team? This is speedway so I’ll wait to be informed of the amateurish contingency the governing body has in place.

Just now, Teromaafan said:

If the cut off date is fixed and the fixture cannot  be completed in time, what happens to the available points? Are they scrubbed, shared or handed to the away team? This is speedway so I’ll wait to be informed of the amateurish contingency the governing body has in place.

Meeting will still be raced but points won’t go towards final standings.

Scenario is Poole win by more than six against Redcar and Glasgow beat Birmingham on Friday it will be Poole Glasgow.

if Redcar get a point at Poole and Glasgow win Friday it would be decided on aggregate points.

Redcar get more than a point then they finish 2nd.

And Stewart Dickson has shot himself in the foot .

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

From what been told the work was done against wishes of track curator and at behest of Leicester. If had been left alone would have been raceable is the view from our end of the pits

Again why are the away team having control over what happens. Aren't you supposed to set up the track for the home team? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

From what has happened in the prem before, you get any points when you complete the meeting. So if it after the cut off they don't count towards the playoffs but will put them on the league table.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Again why are the away team having control over what happens. Aren't you supposed to set up the track for the home team? 

Good question perhaps the Leicester management can tell us.

If only someone could invent track covers....

Perfect for meetings like today where a dry evening follows rain before the match...

Would also give fans confidence to attend who may currently decide to stay away if there is the slightest hint of the meeting not taking place due to a wet track...

Maybe one day someone will invent these track covers...

Probably need someone from NASA or somewhere like that to get involved though....:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's not just at Glasgow where there has been "track" issues though, maybe those "track" issues are actually "tyre" issues, that's all I'm suggesting. It seems this season especially wet meetings have been abandoned or postponed where the common consensus has said that the track "looked" OK.

In Poland a rider from each Team goes out 1/2Hr before meeting starts to access track condition.Why is that not done here,or is digging you heel in the track tell you everything.Joke!!
Dan Thompson made them look stupid.The other had no intention of even trying.Heard a few disgruntled regulars saying they have had enough,which is not good news.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Which in all likelihood made the track worse well it did by all accounts.

If I were Glasgow I would rearrange after the cut of date saying that the forecast might dictate that anyway.

Totally agree, if we manage to beat Birmingham and Poole don’t lose at home to Redcar then we are safe in second. 

Like others have said, Howarth didn’t look happy from the off! 

Just now, mikebv said:

If only someone could invent track covers....

Perfect for meetings like today where a dry evening follows rain before the match...

Would also give fans confidence to attend who may currently decide to stay away if there is the slightest hint of the meeting not taking place due to a wet track...

Maybe one day someone will invent these track covers...

Probably need someone from NASA or somewhere like that to get involved though....:rolleyes:

There wasn’t the slightest hint of the meeting not taking place because of wet track IMO. Even the staunchest Tigers fans must be wondering what was going on.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Good question perhaps the Leicester management can tell us.

Well he answered one of my questions on twitter before so you never know lol ;)

2 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

One point each and let’s move on......

Now there's an idea...

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

In Poland a rider from each Team goes out 1/2Hr before meeting starts to access track condition.Why is that not done here,or is digging you heel in the track tell you everything.Joke!!
Dan Thompson made them look stupid.The other had no intention of even trying.Heard a few disgruntled regulars saying they have had enough,which is not good news.

Peter Facenna was fuming on the mic he knows what went on , 

He as you know is trying to build the fan base what chance has he got with that farce tonight.