British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You would think the commentary would have mentioned third place permutations wouldn't you? 

Yes. So frustrating. Just a load of guess work.

They really need someone who has a clue on this. I had no idea that Magic was third and neither, it seens, did they.

• Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

They really need someone who has a clue on this. I had no idea that Magic was third and neither, it seens, did they.

Dave Rowe would have known

• Like 4

Happy to see Lambert finish in the top 6 and automatically qualify for next year's Gp's.After being written off by many especially on here he had a great 2nd half of the series to qualify.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Indeed.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

And their respective average speeds per GP...:D

Brilliant effort by Vaculik tonight - Should guarantee a wild card spot for 23 !! 

• Like 1

This artificial points system is really a mess. I don't like it at all. No one has a clue now durign the meeting re. the overall world championship points standings.

• Like 1

Vaculik, Thomsen & Kubera have to be three of the wildcards for next year surely?

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It is like two weeks ago when I was shouting at the TV that Zmarzlik was champion as soon as Madsen was excluded.  It is no that difficult to keep on top of, but commentators should have someone doing that for them with all the details they need on a screen in front of them.

As for the rules for breaking the tie for the top size, if Discovery did one thing competently this year it was having had them on their web site all season long.

https://fimspeedway.com/rules

Commentators will be waiting for the information from analysis crew not sure they can be blamed for not knowing! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Commentators will be waiting for the information from analysis crew not sure they can be blamed for not knowing! 

Maybe Sam Ermolenko could do the working out of the permutations for them.. ...? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

For me it's an integral part of their job.

• Like 2

Well done to Lambert and Bewley for finishing the six, fantastic stuff. It's got to the stage where we are disappointed if they don't reach the semis, they have both developed fantastically well this year.

As for next year I don't see any surprises in the picks, the two Russians for Doyle and Michelsen if they are allowed back in but I doubt it myself and I think Nilsson for PP will probably be it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

There should be a run-off between Bewley and Dudek:

In case of Riders involved in a tie on the Final Overall SGP Classification, at the end of the SGP Series, the following will apply:
1. Run-off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
2. Run-off for 6th place, which is the last qualifying place for the following year’s SGP Series.
3. For all other placings Precedence will be given to the Rider having the greatest amount of SGP 1st place results, Followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in the current season. If the Tie still persists precedence will be given to the Rider with the highest Final Classification at the last round of the current SGP season.

So your saying it's not just the SCB/BSPA that don't adhere to their own rules then:rolleyes: