British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Possibly, but looking at the news tonight it seems relaxing rules around Europe isnt on the agenda for too many as more lockdowns take place..

I would think it is still a big risk committing to anyone from mainland Europe...

Unfortunately you may well be right Mike ,but Plymouth weren't accepted until February last year and were given 2weeks to get a team together so I'm not that sympathetic to any late starters tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Possibly, but looking at the news tonight it seems relaxing rules around Europe isnt on the agenda for too many as more lockdowns take place..

I would think it is still a big risk committing to anyone from mainland Europe...

What are the work permit regulations now?

9 hours ago, noaksey said:

What are the work permit regulations now?

If only somebody knew.

I suspect that post brexit the Home Office has a ton of stuff to do and revising visa regs must be somewhere around item 843 on their to do list

So Hans Andersen replaces Richard Lawson with the other 2 places revealed later this week!!!

Same as on Poole thread but Who would Plymouth have selected if they had the choice between the two had they both wanted to come. 

Have Plymouth benefited by the fact Poole have taken Lawson ?

Edited by Doners123

1 hour ago, Doners123 said:

Hans Anderson - In

Richard Lawson - Out

So “the roadblock” joins the Gladiators, Hans will be formidable at home 

• Like 3

So it's been suggested that it's not about money or averages, one therefore assumes (operative word here) that one of the parties had something they consider better come their way since the initial agreement? All a bit unusual though. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So it's been suggested that it's not about money or averages, one therefore assumes (operative word here) that one of the parties had something they consider better come their way since the initial agreement? All a bit unusual though. 

Lawson seems to have a habit of verbally agreeing.:rolleyes:.Cost him a few £’s last season though.

Edited by Fromafar

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lawson seems to have a habit of verbally agreeing.:rolleyes:.Cost him a few £’s last season though.

Surely you don't announce verbal signings though? :unsure:

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

On twitter it says 'he decided to pursue opportunities with another team...'

Very weird, as if Poole just went with Stevie and King that would still be considered top heavy-ish, so I don't buy Poole went after him, doesn't add up imo.

I think Phil said it was about a sponsor but would that come under 'money' ?

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

On twitter it says 'he decided to pursue opportunities with another team...'

Very weird, as if Poole just went with Stevie and King that would still be considered top heavy-ish, so I don't buy Poole went after him, doesn't add up imo.

I think Phil said it was about a sponsor but would that come under 'money' ?

Maybe the Jordan connection was just too strong - although that could also affect Eddie Kennett?!

2 hours ago, RebelDan said:

So “the roadblock” joins the Gladiators, Hans will be formidable at home 

Agreed, but away form is patchy and that could be a problem. Does give the Gladiators an extra 0.5 ish to rearrange the middle order slightly.