British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

45 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Are you insinuating that last night was all just a set up because of a feud between Mr Bates & Mr Godfrey ??

I'm not insinuating anything, to be honest, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes... nor do I care really. 

All I know is Leicester were left trying (or not) to promote an un-promotable meeting. A meeting that was/is THE most important meeting of the year so far in the defence of their league title, remember that?

In fact they could have paraded the trophy round to the fans last night while we were all waiting... before it heads off to Poole and they actually do something with the bloody thing :)

34 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

A sad situation when by mid October there will still be  two semi finals and a final over two legs still to be raced and it’s mid October 

Don't forget the KO Cup!

Edited by iainb

Give it to Poole for polishing until next season. 
tbh as far as I am concerned speedway finished after Laguta was crowned world champignon at Toruń. Pay money to BT sport to watch that.  

All this amateur hour stuff here in the UK …  it’s just for fun isn’t it ? Cannot be taken seriously.  I certainly won’t be paying to watch. 

13 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Does anyone else think that this could be a betting scam? What odds would you have got at a bookies that the two home teams would lose their leg of the quarter finals of the play offs followed by the following leg being postponed due to lack of ambulance cover and both rearranged for next Tuesday? 

4/6 in Speedway.;)

• Haha 2

This is probably costing Leicester a lot, and all for something which shouldn't have been happening, anyway. Who the hell came up with the idea of having playoffs quarter finals. Sounds to me like one of B. Johnson's crackpot schemes.

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Are you insinuating that last night was all just a set up because of a feud between Mr Bates & Mr Godfrey ??

So what is the the full out about with Mr godfrey & Mr Bates? Think someone is making something up here.

Oh, and the weather forecast for Tuesday is showing rain from about 1pm onward, into and through the evening.

BREAKING NEWS:

Adam Ellis today confounded medical science to race for his French team Morizes. The French ace romped to 13 points helping his side to an away victory. Government scientists are now seeking to question the British Champion to ascertain his miracle recovery from "illness" sustained at Sheffield on Thursday evening. They believe it may have been a dodgy pie but sources close to the Lourdes based Frenchman say that he has been drinking the spring water from the bottom of his garden... more news as we get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I see Adam Ellis scored 13 pts in France today! That's a quick recovery from illness!

Damn! beat me to it :rofl:

Ellis should be given a ban for start of next season. That's an absolute piss take. Bad enough second rate foreigners doing it but the British champion? Out of order

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Ellis should be given a ban for start of next season. That's an absolute piss take. Bad enough second rate foreigners doing it but the British champion? Out of order

Don't forget the rest of this season too, he's still got to ride at Leicester on Tuesday... should be interesting to see what the next excuse is

36 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I see Adam Ellis scored 13 pts in France today! That's a quick recovery from illness!

New "wonder vaccine" devised in France?

What a great ambassador for British speedway the British champion is. Should be banned from British speedway end of!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1