Jordan Palin
Dan Thompson
Connor Bailey
Daniel Gilkes
Anders Rowe
Jordan Jenkins
Drew Kemp
Joe Thompson

Leon should have a great chance of winning this....Tom Brennan will be his nearest rival round Perry Barr. You can probably add Jack Thomas to this list.

Jack Thomas is 22

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Jack Thomas is 22

Top three of Brennan, Flint and Rowe for me.

2 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Top three of Brennan, Flint and Rowe for me.

Tbh it's as competitive a British U21 I've seen for a long time. No bewley or Lambert who are a bit ahead of the others and it's quite a deep field. Palin should be improving on away tracks and kid I was really impressed with was Jordan Jenkins. All could be in podium hunt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Leon Flint
Tom Brennan
Jordan Palin
Dan Thompson
Connor Bailey
Daniel Gilkes
Anders Rowe
Jordan Jenkins
Drew Kemp
Joe Thompson

Leon should have a great chance of winning this....Tom Brennan will be his nearest rival round Perry Barr. You can probably add Jack Thomas to this list.

Is it just me or are the number of seeds creeping up? Im guessing its one semi final for the final places? have to agree its a strong line up though with everyone in with a podium chance.

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Is it just me or are the number of seeds creeping up? Im guessing its one semi final for the final places? have to agree its a strong line up though with everyone in with a podium chance.

I am not in favour of seeds. Two semi-finals with top 8 from each going forward. More chance of shocks/upsets. that was the beauty of the world championship when we started with qualifying rounds in April -- some big names fell by the wayside which made those meetings so interesting.

• Like 2

I'm presuming the storm damage to the pits area and other parts have all been fixed.

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surprised bickley not seeded

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

I'm presuming the storm damage to the pits area and other parts have all been fixed.

Was at last football match in January and back of stand and turnstiles still to be fixed then  The disabled shelter has disappeared too and looked like bit of juniors pits roof was damaged

Time yet though

Smashing looking new wooden fence though has been put up between ducket and the Tweedmouth ground over the back   looks good

Edited by Spittaler
Eŕror
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ljriley90 said:

Looks like it has been done on Championship GSAs. Seeded ten are top 10 and Bickley in 11th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ljriley90 said:

Bickley needs to start showing some real improvement.IMO .I realise he is still young but he has been around speedway since very young age and should really be kicking on with the chances he has had over the last 3 seasons.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Looks like it has been done on Championship GSAs. Seeded ten are top 10 and Bickley in 11th.

Fair enough.

21 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ten seems a familiar number to me for U21 seeds without looking back at updates.  Personally I would always prefer seeds to ensure the quality of the final is better, having the bigger names missing out isn't good IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Ten seems a familiar number to me for U21 seeds without looking back at updates.  Personally I would always prefer seeds to ensure the quality of the final is better, having the bigger names missing out isn't good IMO.

100%...

That's why many sports use a seeding system..

The actual number also reflects on the amount of quality at that level available too..

If you had say 24 riders at a certain level then you could probably seed top 8 and let the others race off for the other 8 places...

When circa 12 or so are at a level, with the rest a fair bit behind, it makes sense to protect the quality of the final, whilst still giving those "not too far behind" a more than decent chance to progress via a qualifier...

And, as always, if you are good enough you can still reach that final even if you feel you should have been seeded..

• Like 2

Good articles in last week's Speedway Star about Ty and Kyle also double spread about Bomber, well worth a read.

Ty Proctor front cover & interview in this week's Speedway Star.

Out tomorrow Thursday 17th Feb.