British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Supply the crowd with chilli baked beans then do a track walk.

Sorted! :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip

38 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yes, probably would require moving second leg. But even if Tuesday is dryish, with all the rain we’ve had and will have, the track will be a state.

Well if they did move it to Weds, hopefully Poole move theirs to Friday, which is a lot better for me! :D  Which also would mean riding on each others preferred race night! Lol.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Yes, probably would require moving second leg. But even if Tuesday is dryish, with all the rain we’ve had and will have, the track will be a state.

Have they had covers on at any stage?

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Have they had covers on at any stage?

Not sure. Covers were only mentioned for the Test match.

Glasgow need to hit Poole really hard in the first leg to have a chance but I just cant see it with the Pirate's heat leaders and star reserve. 

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well there are 25,000 visitors in town for the big event. Restaurants could be very busy

I will check it out thanks.

Glasgow airport(air side)closes over night, pre departure has seating but only food is Starbucks not sure it is 24 hrs so stock up with sarnies and soup toilets open(you may need if Glasgow performs)

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Glasgow need to hit Poole really hard in the first leg to have a chance but I just cant see it with the Pirate's heat leaders and star reserve. 

All the team are on good form. We are not carrying anyone and if a rider has a bad meeting, then we have a good reserve. However, Ben Basso has not ridden at Glasgow so will take 2 races to get used to it. I do expect Glasgow to take a lead to Poole. But will it be enough? 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Well if they did move it to Weds, hopefully Poole move theirs to Friday, which is a lot better for me! :D  Which also would mean riding on each others preferred race night! Lol.

would be better for a lot of glasgow fans also they would probably make the trip down with having the Saturday off 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't see that happening as Fri Nov 5th Bonfire Night.

But then the biggest firework display will be at Wimborne Road when we PIRATES WIN THE LEAGUE! 

:party:

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I know unrelated to the thread but glad to see Jack starting to make some progress. Looked like had talent when rode for us but seemed to have stagnated. Was on less than 3.75 a few months ago (guested when we needed 75% of Marcin's 5.00) so to have got up to 5.00 in couple months going in right direction

Surely Jack Thomas being a 2star Rising Star can still guest for Stefan Neilsen (4.79) on Tuesday, no matter what his 'real' average might be?!

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely Jack Thomas being a 2star Rising Star can still guest for Stefan Neilsen (4.79) on Tuesday, no matter what his 'real' average might be?!

Think that is correct

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nope as he's not replacing a rising star. His actual average comes into play for this.

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All the team are on good form. We are not carrying anyone and if a rider has a bad meeting, then we have a good reserve. However, Ben Basso has not ridden at Glasgow so will take 2 races to get used to it. I do expect Glasgow to take a lead to Poole. But will it be enough? 

Basso only needed one race at Leicester to assess the track after that he was superb. Hume also had a great meeting there but I have a feeling he may struggle at Glasgow.