British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Edinburgh. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 27th October 2021

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I saw a few Edinburgh fans in the car park after the meeting.

We were chatting to a couple of cracking Edinburgh fans in the bar afterwards.

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, in most of his races he was only inches behind them. Any slight mistake and he would have passed them. Quite exciting viewing when sat near the 4th bend!

Pickering would make a superb Pirates signing, great style, very exciting & potential for significant improvement!

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Pickering would make a superb Pirates signing, great style, very exciting & potential for significant improvement!

Yes, I'm sure most clubs want Pickering in both leagues. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, I'm sure most clubs want Pickering in both leagues. 

Edinburgh asset 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Pickering has been at Edinburgh 5 years and although this has been his best season,his potential for significant improvement might be optimistic.He is exciting and entertaining though.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Pickering has been at Edinburgh 5 years and although this has been his best season,his potential for significant improvement might be optimistic.He is exciting and entertaining though.

We shall see, some riders take longer to reach their full potential, dare I use the Jason Doyle example again. Josh is only 24 & next season he'll kick on! :t:

But for which club(s)?.......

I will be gutted if Josh goes anywhere other than Edinburgh and a Premier club. Always superb to watch and never stops trying. Lovely guy too

26 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I will be gutted if Josh goes anywhere other than Edinburgh and a Premier club. Always superb to watch and never stops trying. Lovely guy too

I would think your greatest worry is that he might now be on the radar of some Polish clubs.

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I would think your greatest worry is that he might now be on the radar of some Polish clubs.

At the end of the day, Josh will do what’s right for him and it will be with our blessing but I do hope he will stay with us

1 minute ago, Gr8scot said:

At the end of the day, Josh will do what’s right for him and it will be with our blessing but I do hope he will stay with us

Go west in the open air

Go West where the skies are blue :D

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Go west in the open air

Go West where the skies are blue :D

Na, he’s not the type for YMCA:party:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

We shall see, some riders take longer to reach their full potential, dare I use the Jason Doyle example again. Josh is only 24 & next season he'll kick on! :t:

But for which club(s)?.......

Monarchs for one

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

I didn't see an Edinburgh fan but I did see a few Wolves ones (obv to see Rory and Sam) and a BV one (to see Richie and Steve?) 

There were four of us on the 1st bend along an Ipswich/Edinburgh fan.  We cleared off after the meeting to go to the nearest Spoon's for some cheap Ale to drown our sorrows.  Disappointed with the track being as dusty as it was, could have done with some water.  Poole clearly the better team who handled it well.  Been home for about an hour after the long drive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, edmon said:

There were four of us on the 1st bend along an Ipswich/Edinburgh fan.  We cleared off after the meeting to go to the nearest Spoon's for some cheap Ale to drown our sorrows.  Disappointed with the track being as dusty as it was, could have done with some water.  Poole clearly the better team who handled it well.  Been home for about an hour after the long drive.

Got lucky, it has been a lot dustier in the past! ;) Can't speak for the track staff but I guess when it is overcast most of the day, what do you do? I think in the cooler evenings riders don't like it being watered so much. 

21 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Agree about his racing style, but with any change of track I can't see a 'significant' improvement in his average of 8.34!!