British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

New, New Cross memories

4 hours ago, iris123 said:

An interesting site for old sports stadia. Scroll down and a few photos of remains of the old stadium. Unfortunatelly not very good. When i visited the site there was certainly more to see of the terracing and , as i said previously the ticket office/entrance gate house

https://www.derelictlondon.com/londons-long-lost-sports-grounds.html

The founder of DerelictLondon, Paul Talling, is a Facebook friend of mine, and we've had a few discussions (usually about pubs where I used to play darts). I think it is one of the most fascinating websites out there, and I have the related book. Definitely worth a look or two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chunky said:

Just thought I'd let you all know the news regarding the magical New Cross book about which John can't find any details...

He emailed me the link on the museum website for it, in case anyone wants it!

I know, I know, WHAT museum website? :rolleyes:

Do you need the link, Norman?

Thank you, Steve. That would be great. Look forward to hearing from you so I can see what this book is all about. :lol:

16 hours ago, iris123 said:

An interesting site for old sports stadia. Scroll down and a few photos of remains of the old stadium. Unfortunatelly not very good. When i visited the site there was certainly more to see of the terracing and , as i said previously the ticket office/entrance gate house

https://www.derelictlondon.com/londons-long-lost-sports-grounds.html

On the same website this link covers a few old tracks.

https://www.derelictlondon.com/derelict-london-sportsgrounds.html

On 2/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, iris123 said:

Love this one

LONDON-NC-GDD.jpg

??? Interesting I am sure but I have no image to view. Thank you for your anticipated help.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

??? Intersting I am sure but I have no image to view. Thank you for your anticipated help.

Ask your grandson if he can set your laptop up to get past the gustix blocker I put on the image

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Ask your grandson if he can set your laptop up to get past the gustix blocker I put on the image

Any idea why we have a "New, New Cross Memories" and John wanting an answer to a 2018 post on the other? This man sure knows how to screw things up.....

Edited by andout
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, andout said:

Any idea why we have a "New, New Cross Memories" and John wanting an answer to a 2018 post on the other? This man sure knows how to screw things up.....

I have no idea what goes on in his head. But then I think I am in good company, as i doubt he does either :D

Edited by iris123

12 minutes ago, andout said:

Surely that`s Doug`s fault for starting the  new one when he must have known the  original one wouldn`t have been deleted :)

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Surely that`s Doug`s fault for starting the  new one when he must have known the  original one wouldn`t have been deleted :)

Forgot about the original one. I started this one, after New Cross memories 2 was hidden/ deleted a few days back :rolleyes: I guess the starter of that thread had also forgotten the original 

20 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Forgot about the original one. I started this one, after New Cross memories 2 was hidden/ deleted a few days back :rolleyes: I guess the starter of that thread had also forgotten the original 

I have no idea in regard to New Cross Memories 2. If there was hidden/delete involved it was not by me. I would like to see a useful/active New Cross thread and readily give recognition to this one.

Obviously there is a tidy-up needed to maintain deserved credence on this thread. To implement that course I give notice that I am considering using HIDE on the New Cross comments I have made - but am wary of doing so as I could stimulate adverse comment?

I would appreciate comment/advice on what to do. Thank you.

12 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

I would appreciate comment/advice on what to do.

Any offers, anyone?

Maybe it's time to put the silly old bugger on ignore, if everyone did it then we'd never see his posts again, he'd never be quoted, it would be as though he didn't exist at all.  Although I don't know if the ignore facility covers new thread titles, either way it's nauseating having to trawl through his inane ramblings, he's like a one man wrecking crew and he's probably proud of himself, wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real life setting with normal people, they would just boot him out of the room. 

• Like 1

I was fascinated by the picture of the football game that had the ad for New Cross prominently displayed and an advert for "The Astoria" Old Kent road. I am assuming it was a Millwall game at the Den-am I right? BTW would any historian hazard a guess at the opposition. Great photo-maybe from an old newspaper.?

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real life setting with normal people

ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE'RE NOT NORMAL???