British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Kings Lynn Thurs March 31st LC

Brass monkeys out there alright! Supposed to be pretty windy today too so factor in the wind chill and it’ll be pretty painful standing around tonight. 
Please just crack on with it and don’t pi$$ about with a bloody interval..

• Like 1

It's going to be my first ever first home meeting I've missed, but the warm sofa and darts has defo won the day for me. 

We've woken to a covering of snow and hail & sleet showers this morning :lol: FFS. Enthusiasm for standing in the cold at speedway is zero at the moment but we'll see how we feel later.....

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We've woken to a covering of snow and hail & sleet showers this morning :lol: FFS. Enthusiasm for standing in the cold at speedway is zero at the moment but we'll see how we feel later.....

There was a Good Friday when some of Leicester team couldn't get to King's Lynn because of snow blocking the A47, I've read. It gave Mike Lee a chance which he grabbed with both hands.

• Like 2

I'm another who will not be attempting going tonight to see a cut short meeting (10 heats and sorry folks... we tried)

But has been snowing in Ipswich  for past hour

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

If they have any sense they will cancel,, a fair few will stay away,, and there are plenty of free Thursdays to catch up

2 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

There was a Good Friday when some of Leicester team couldn't get to King's Lynn because of snow blocking the A47, I've read. It gave Mike Lee a chance which he grabbed with both hands.

I was there that Good Friday  morning Lee rode for KL and if my memory serves me right Lee beat the then England captain Ray Wilson 2 or 3 times  though I guess some would argue Wilson was passed his best still a great achievement for a 16 year old on debut .

• Like 1

Yes,,, winner winner, my record stays intact a bit longer 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

That snow won't be there long, they've only called it off as it's cold and probably won't get a good crowd.

15 minutes ago, Bash said:

That snow won't be there long, they've only called it off as it's cold and probably won't get a good crowd.

Probably right as well