British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague play- off Final 2nd leg Sunday 25th September Live on TV

Table going into the last round of the regular season(5th/7th August)

1 Lublin  P 13  28 points

2 Czestochowa P 13  21 points

3 Gorzow P 13  20  points

4 Torun P 13 17 points

5 Wroclaw P 13 15 points  

6 Leszno P 13  15 points

7 Grudziadz P 13  9 points

8 Ostrow P 13  0 points 

Great meeting. Score flattered home team in the end. Lublin riders making silly errors in the last few heats. Two good top flight meetings today.

• Like 2

Terrible luck at the worst possible time. No Vaculik and this Gorzow team doesn't beat anyone over two legs imo. Too big of an ask to cover for Vaculik whilst carrying a junior and Patrick Hansen most weeks. 

A golden opportunity could be in the air for a club like Czestochowa considering they've got a fully fit 1-7 at the right time. 

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

Terrible luck at the worst possible time. No Vaculik and this Gorzow team doesn't beat anyone over two legs imo. Too big of an ask to cover for Vaculik whilst carrying a junior and Patrick Hansen most weeks. 

A golden opportunity could be in the air for a club like Czestochowa considering they've got a fully fit 1-7 at the right time. 

Must be missing something with Hansen..

Why do they use him?

He seems well out of his depth.. 

31 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Must be missing something with Hansen..

Why do they use him?

He seems well out of his depth.. 

Had a brilliant 2021 season in the second tier for Ostrow so Gorzow took a chance on him as the U24 rider but he hasn't kicked on.

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Gorzow have confirmed today that Zmarzlik is leaving the club at the end of the season- Lublin the likely new home track.

Taken from Facebook

Ladies & Gentlemen, Fellow Fans,
For the past few days in the media you can read a lot of rumors about my future. Even though the 2022 season is underway and the main round is not over yet, I would like you to hear explanations directly from me.
Until October 31, 2022, I have an important contract at Stali Gorzów and I can assure you that I will fulfill it until the end with the greatest care and professionalism. For today, however, it is certain that in the 2023 season I will not be a player of Gorzów Stala. The decision was made after deep thought and it is certainly not hasty.
I spent 11 incredible years in Gorzów, during which we celebrated 8 medals in the league together. Gorzów is my home and nothing will change it. I know that I'm sure a lot of you are in deep shock and mixed emotions right now, but...
I dnt leave for the money. They were never the most important in my life. After so many wonderful years, in which I proudly wore and still wear yellow and blue colors, I felt that I reached the wall and in order to go further, achieve even more, I need to change something. Several people in the comments made an argument that I would definitely say that I need to develop and I won't convince anyone. Wish things were different. Every person needs an extra boost every now and then to keep going. Standing still, we're going backwards, and I don't want to go back. I want to try something different, I want to feel like I’ve done enough in life to not disappoint myself.
Here I would like to sincerely thank the Board and the Training Staff of Stali Gorzów for everything. I have felt your tremendous support throughout all these seasons. You are the reason I am where I am, at this point in my career. I always proudly wear my captains band that means so much to me. However, the real goodbye will come after the season, I want to do it with dignity.
Of course, I equally want to thank you, Fans, for all the messages you have written to me lately. Contrary to some opinions, I read them quite carefully and am often moved by them. It is a great pride and honor to run for you. I am eternally grateful for your cheering, for your faith, for the millions of photos and smiles that made my heart warm. This might be corny but..... not saying goodbye but see ya later. Because I hope that we won't cross our paths on the speedway again. Tried to never disappoint u guys.. I'm counting on you not to disappoint me now.
Remember that we still have hard work to do TOGETHER. Play-Off in PGE Ekstraliga is about to come and I deeply hope that TOGETHER we will fight for medals. I strongly hope that after what you have just read, you will at least a little understand my decision. Here I promise that ME and my whole TEAM will do everything we can to go 7 more games this season. Nothing changes, I always give my 100% and it will be in the most important meetings.
Bartosz Zmarzlik

The mentality of a winner.

Gorzow fans must be feeling sick right now. 

Bartosz Zmarzlik leaving Gorzow is the equivalent of Lionel Messi leaving FC Barcelona.

If Lublin get him they will be dominant for years. The rise and rise of Lublin!

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Lublin get him they will be dominant for years. The rise and rise of Lublin!

Don’t forget the 6 and 7 will be overage at some stage and that could make a big difference.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, TTT said:

Zmarzlik off to Lublin next season. Thomsen on his way out of Gorzow too. Wozniak exit is also on the cards.

R.I.P Gorzow

As predicted :D

• Like 1