British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe 02/04/2022 Championship

1 hour ago, Shrimmy said:

A Reserve with our second best score what a shambles

Even Zaine Kennedy only managed to beat an opposition rider once to become 2nd highest scorer

I expected more from Zaine Kennedy returning to Leicester. Jake's not started the season well, I didn't expect much from the others at Leicester.

As much as I dislike scunthorpe and enjoy seeing them get stuffed I'm sure they will improve and be in and around the playoffs especially when jake allen starts firing I rate him highly if he doesn't then they are in trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Have Dan and joe swapped places so the good ones back at reserve. :P

Er….. no…..their averages will explain matters for you. Joe had the lower starting average which is why he is currently in a reserve berth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Wishful thinking on Scunthorpe’s part

I'm starting to think Leicester will score 60+ most weeks now! Birmingham were weak without Ellis, but that was a full strength Scorpions side they thrashed!

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm starting to think Leicester will score 60+ most weeks now! Birmingham were weak without Ellis, but that was a full strength Scorpions side they thrashed!

Leicester is my top for the league as I can't see them scoring less than 50 points at home every meeting as there just to strong & I hope the diamonds can get at least 35 next Saturday but it's a big ask going off Leicester's last to results... But you never know

Bit early to be judging scunny as a #### team just yet imo

Dissapointing result last night of cause, but it was our first meeting of the season - and we really couldn't have wished for tougher opposition, and at Leicester, a track we never peform well on. Leicester already had a couple of meetings so was less race-rusty.

There wont me many if any teams go to Leicester this season and pick up any league points imo. Scunny will improve i'm sure!

• Like 1

Some decent racing despite the scoreline. Scunny were very dissapointing though.

Warmer weather and closer scorelines asap please.

Joe Thompson the big mover at this very early stage.

Teams getting hammered away isnt necessarily bad for their business to be fair...

Putting together a team to win at home most weeks, and compete closely against the better teams, isnt the worst plan in the world to save money but also keep your income at its optimum.. 

Conversely. I hope the "too strong" teams that have been put together, that will batter the others at home and win a fair few on their travels, (by some big margins too I would think),  have enough to keep paying out the big money their riders will be earning...

Workington the classic example of big home wins, and (even though unexpected), big away wins, costing them thousands...

And lots of big home wins can not only cost a lot but also can REDUCE attendances as "weak teams" visiting can sometimes get a swerve from some of the patrons.. 

Especially mid to late season if play off spots are already 100% secured, meaning some matches as pretty much "dead rubbers" given no relegation fight for the opposition.. 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lewy said:

As much as I dislike scunthorpe and enjoy seeing them get stuffed I'm sure they will improve and be in and around the playoffs especially when jake allen starts firing I rate him highly if he doesn't then they are in trouble. 

Yep agree there ,hasn’t rode much at all as stayed in uk over Christmas, this makes a difference   for sure,season isn’t won in April, scunny will come good sooner than later

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes but its a poorly put together Scunny team especially away 

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Er….. no…..their averages will explain matters for you. Joe had the lower starting average which is why he is currently in a reserve berth.

Wooosh

Some good racing last night. Simon Lambert was awful and got the Audi score....0000. 

Edited by ScottyJ
Spelling

11 minutes ago, ScottyJ said:

Some good racing last night. Simon Lambert was awful and got the Aldi score....0000. 

Think you mean the Audi score. Although the Scunthorpe management may see it as an Aldi score as they didn’t have to pay him much!