British Speedway Forum
Hilly

Oxford v Scunthorpe 13.04.22

:DAfter many many years away, Cheetahs make their comeback. 

We know it's a sell out, what does ever body expect?

Be great to have a look around the place and actually see the Cheetahs race jacket in an actual league meeting.

A nice 6/8 point home win before moving on to some team on the South coast on Friday :)

• Like 1

The very best wishes to everyone who has contributed in any way to the resurrection of the stadium, and speedway in Oxford.   It is a real feel-good story, let's now look for a return to glory at Coventry, Rye House and Bradford......

Edited by crescent girl

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Looking forward to coming up a week Wednesday. Got our tickets. Likely to be a sell out and hearing a lot of Poole fans are making the journey up for that one.  Hope the track is smooth and rides well and the fans on Wednesday are treated to a fantastic meeting with no horrible first night failures. 

If Jamie promotes and runs Oxford the way he runs Berwick then Oxford are on a winner! 
Would be nice to see a Cheetahs win to send the masses home happy :approve:

Hope all the Cheetahs fans just enjoy seeing their team back on track after so long :approve:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to coming up a week Wednesday. Got our tickets. Likely to be a sell out and hearing a lot of Poole fans are making the journey up for that one.  Hope the track is smooth and rides well and the fans on Wednesday are treated to a fantastic meeting with no horrible first night failures. 

I hope fans have pre-booked their Unipart parking space as it seems there is little or no parking at the stadium according to their FB page.

2 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

If Jamie promotes and runs Oxford the way he runs Berwick then Oxford are on a winner! 
Would be nice to see a Cheetahs win to send the masses home happy :approve:

Hope all the Cheetahs fans just enjoy seeing their team back on track after so long :approve:

Jamie & his crew have done a superb job to bring the Cheetahs back to track.

On Wednesday night the result is of no importance. British Speedway is the winner 

May the sun shine & the racing be fine.

• Like 1

Wish I could attend - missed out on tickets for the opener - but I will be coming later in the season as many times as I can. Must keep Oxford going and for any of you who might have missed it go to the Brandon Update thread and GET YOUR EMAIL OFF!!!

• Like 1

My wife can't make it tomorrow so I have a spare ticket, free to anyone who can give me a lift back to Oxford train station after!

Cant believe it's reopening after all this time, massive congrats to those who fought for this. 

Although I won't be there I wish all concerned the very best of luck and it's great to see the return of the "Cheetahs!"

Oxford to win and then the team who were set up to win just there home meetings to get a hiding off Leicester at home on the weekend.

Going to be taking in an Oxford meeting probably next week, can you buy tickets online? Cheers.

27 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Going to be taking in an Oxford meeting probably next week, can you buy tickets online? Cheers.

Tickets for the meeting against Poole still available online.

7 hours ago, Hilly said:

Tickets for the meeting against Poole still available online.

Thanks its just i couldnt find the link to tickets on the Oxford site.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, Hilly said:

:DAfter many many years away, Cheetahs make their comeback. 

We know it's a sell out, what does ever body expect?

Be great to have a look around the place and actually see the Cheetahs race jacket in an actual league meeting.

A nice 6/8 point home win before moving on to some team on the South coast on Friday :)

Good luck to everybody concerned with the resurrection of Oxford.  Spent many an evening booing Oxford from the third bend in my youth,  but it's  great to see them back.  Next is to get my old spot back on the back straight at Brandon . I  can dream eh !  Congratulations to everybody who never gave up hope. As Bluebee said go to general speedway discussions and support the revival of Brandon bid.

• Like 1