British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

WC TICKETS ALSO APPLY IN VOJENS The many speedway fans who via billetlugen.dk have bought tickets for Speedway of Nations at Granly Arena in Esbjerg can now breathe a sigh of relief. Their tickets are also valid for Vojens Speedway Center from 27 to 30 July, when Speedway of Nations will be held, instead of Esbjerg. This means that the tickets purchased for Esbjerg can be used to gain access in Vojens. The solution comes after a close collaboration between Mads Kølbæk from Esbjerg Motorsport and Jacob Olsen from Vojens Speedway Center, after the situation where Esbjerg Motorsport had to give up implementing Speedway of Nations. The agreement also states that the Esbjerg tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. They apply solely as grandstand or standing places at Vojens Speedway Center in the days during the Speedway of Nations. Fans who have bought a VIP package for Esbjerg must contact Esbjerg Motorsport, but the tickets included in the VIP package can also be used at Vojens Speedway Center as a standing room or grandstand. There will be no similar VIP facilities in Vojens. - We are happy that the many fans are not left in a difficult situation, and we are delighted that this international event will be held on Danish soil, says Mads Kølbæk and Jacob Olsen in agreement.

i echo that :D

• Haha 1

It still seems a strange story that they are blaming the whole chaos on the illness of one guy !!!

• Like 1

Noticed on Eurosport on Monday when advertising this upcoming, they only had the Discovery symbol under SoN where as had the Eurosport 2 symbol against the league meeting in 2 weeks and Cardiff.

a mistake?

• Confused 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:32 PM, iris123 said:

I hear what you are saying, but disagree in a way

It is like buying a car from a firm who gives the car to another firm and tells me i have to buy it all over again. It is the same car, just as it is the same meeting(s)

Look at what happened with the Norton takeover, the new company had no obligation to look after customers who had problems with the order of bikes under the previous owner. Out of goodwill they offered generous terms on new machines but did not have too.

Few format and rules details for both SON and SON 2

SON Semi-finals 1 & 2

After the 21 qualification heats there will be 1 additional race. The final qualifier race will consist of the team in 3 rd and 4 th place. The winning team of the final qualifier race will join the 1 st and 2 nd placed teams in qualifying for the final.

SON and SON 2 Finals

After the 21 qualification heats there will be 2 additional races, a grand final qualifier race and a grand final race to determine the top 3 of the 2022 SoN. The grand final qualifier race will consist of the 2nd & 3rd placed teams from the final 21 qualifying heats. The winning team of the grand final qualifier race will join the top scoring team from the final 21 qualifying heats in the grand final race. The winning team of the grand final race will become 2022 SoN World Champions. The losing team of the grand final race will become 2022 SoN World championship runner up. The losing team of the grand final qualifier race will become 2022 SoN World championship third place

In respect of the final qualifier race in semi-final 1 & 2 and the final, grand final qualifier and grand final, the first choice of gate will go to the higher placed team in the 21-heat intermediate classification.

In each heat, points are awarded to the riders and teams as follows: 4 points for 1st place 3 points for 2 nd place 2 point for 3rd place 0 point for 4 th place

After the completion of heat 14 or 21 of the semi-finals and the final when establishing the order between the teams in the list of intermediate classification at the conclusion of heat 14, 21 1a. In the event of equal points for two teams after the conclusion of the heat 21, or heat 14 if for any reason the meeting cannot reach heat 21, the team that scored the most points when the two teams met will be considered the better placed team. If the two teams did not meet, 1b will be used to determine the better placed team. 1b. In the event of equal points for three or more teams, after the conclusion of the qualification heats, teams are considered to have scored a bonus point on each occasion they finish in positions 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 during the qualification heats. The team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team. 1c. If there remains a tie, the amount of first, second, third and fourth places in total taken by all riders will decide the better placed team. Zero for last placing is better than for M-R-F-T-d-N 1d. If all other solutions cannot resolve the tie, then the team with the highest 2022 SoN ranking will be deemed the better placed team.

The team winning the grand final race at the final shall be declared the winner, the losing team in the grand final race will be placed 2 nd , and the losing team from grand final qualifier race will be placed 3 rd . 4 th to 7th will be decided by the highest points scored from the final. In case of teams tied on points, art. 9.2 Shall apply. The fourth placed team in semi-final 1 and 2 (losing team of the final qualifierraces) shall be placed 8 th and 9 th . The fifth, sixth and seventh placed team in the semi-final events shall be placed, 10th/11th , 12th/13th and 14th/15th in the final overall classification of the SoN tournament of that year.  The team having collected the highest number of scored points will be the better placed team. In case of teams tied on points, see (art. 9.2).

Edited by racers and royals

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Few format and rules details for both SON and SON 2

Semi-final 1 & 2 will consist of 21 heats plus one extra final qualifier race. The final will consist of 21 heats plus two extra races. Grand final qualifier race and a grand final heat

The 1 st and 2 nd place teams after 21 heats of semi-final 1 and 2, plus the winners of the final qualifier races of semi-final 1 and 2 will qualify directly for the final.

In respect of the final qualifier race in semi-final 1 & 2 and the final, grand final qualifier and grand final, the first choice of gate will go to the higher placed team in the 21-heat intermediate classification.

In each heat, points are awarded to the riders and teams as follows: 4 points for 1st place 3 points for 2 nd place 2 point for 3rd place 0 point for 4 th place

After the completion of heat 14 or 21 of the semi-finals and the final when establishing the order between the teams in the list of intermediate classification at the conclusion of heat 14, 21 1a. In the event of equal points for two teams after the conclusion of the heat 21, or heat 14 if for any reason the meeting cannot reach heat 21, the team that scored the most points when the two teams met will be considered the better placed team. If the two teams did not meet, 1b will be used to determine the better placed team. 1b. In the event of equal points for three or more teams, after the conclusion of the qualification heats, teams are considered to have scored a bonus point on each occasion they finish in positions 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 during the qualification heats. The team scoring the higher number of bonus points will be considered the better placed team. 1c. If there remains a tie, the amount of first, second, third and fourth places in total taken by all riders will decide the better placed team. Zero for last placing is better than for M-R-F-T-d-N 1d. If all other solutions cannot resolve the tie, then the team with the highest 2022 SoN ranking will be deemed the better placed team.

The team winning the grand final race at the final shall be declared the winner, the losing team in the grand final race will be placed 2 nd , and the losing team from grand final qualifier race will be placed 3 rd . 4 th to 7th will be decided by the highest points scored from the final. In case of teams tied on points, art. 9.2 Shall apply. The fourth placed team in semi-final 1 and 2 (losing team of the final qualifierraces) shall be placed 8 th and 9 th . The fifth, sixth and seventh placed team in the semi-final events shall be placed, 10th/11th , 12th/13th and 14th/15th in the final overall classification of the SoN tournament of that year.  The team having collected the highest number of scored points will be the better placed team. In case of teams tied on points, see (art. 9.2).

My brain hurts.

• Haha 1

Just now, customhouseregular said:

My brain hurts.

Maybe :) but it saves you asking ( if so inclined) what`s the point scoring used this season. Are tac subs allowed when a team is a certain number of points behind( the answer is no) :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Maybe :) but it saves you asking ( if so inclined) what`s the point scoring used this season.

You just KNOW someone is still going to ask!

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Are tac subs allowed when a team is a certain number of points behind( the answer is no) :D

No Jokers? Really? :cry:

9 minutes ago, chunky said:

You just KNOW someone is still going to ask!

No Jokers? Really? :cry:

It will be asked when we are on page 5 and the culprit will only have gone back a couple of posts :D

On 7/15/2022 at 10:00 AM, iris123 said:

It still seems a strange story that they are blaming the whole chaos on the illness of one guy !!!

I think there is a suggestion that some of the blame will fall on Esbjerg, for letting one guy do everything and not supervising his activities, not to mention washing their hands when it all started to fall apart.

And I think it unlikely the DMU/FIM will escape without af least some reputational damage.

My money is on Discovery suing Esbjerg.

• Like 1

I would go with Lambet and Woffinden but Bewley's in impressive form.

I guess the other teams will be....

Poland, Zmarzlik, Janowski

Denmark, Leon, Michelsen(could use Thomsen but I wouldn't)

Aussie, Doyle, Fricke

Sweden, Lindgren, Berntzon

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I would go with Lambet and Woffinden but Bewley's in impressive form.

i would mix the pairing up a bit so all 3 of them get rides in the semi .. Lambert and Bewley as the main pairing though, they seem to have more fight this year than Woffinden

Edited by stevehone

On 7/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Rob B said:

Noticed on Eurosport on Monday when advertising this upcoming, they only had the Discovery symbol under SoN where as had the Eurosport 2 symbol against the league meeting in 2 weeks and Cardiff.

a mistake?

I have a sneaky feeling that the whole event is to be shown on player only. Been checking the Polish schedules and as far as i can see the whole tournament is not on Polish TV - just player.

Not great for the sport i would suggest :mad:

• Thanks 1

Can't see Eurosport showing it to be honest it will be all Commonwealth games for the fortnight from 28th July (Possibly apart from British Final night on August 1st)

Although Eurosport posted this 4 days ago on their website

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/speedway/speedway-of-nations-2022-when-is-it-how-to-watch-who-is-competing-as-great-britain-look-to-defend-cr_sto9035860/story.shtml

Edited by Fozzie4388