British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Lynn June 2nd

Starke is at 2, Riss finally moves away from 2 and teams up with King at 3 and 4, Batch at 5. Barker as expected drops to reserve. 

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-preview-kings-lynn-premiership-h/

Interesting set of averages there! Starke is a doubt with his wrist injury, so with these bizarre looking new averages, Batch, Riss, Barker and Hume can take a R/R which in all likelihood strengthens us. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

Should be really close looking at the line ups. Ipswich narrow win again! 

Are we ever going to have a full 1 - 7 anytime soon :(

41 minutes ago, Badge said:

Are we ever going to have a full 1 - 7 anytime soon :(

You have for this one haven't you.

9 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You have for this one haven't you.

Starke is considered “doubtful” at the moment. 

“It was a really busy night for me, a lot of it taken up by trying to manage Paul’s injury and trying to spread his races out so that it didn’t put too much strain on him. Whilst he put in an exceptional shift, I know he was in immense pain so we had to manage that the best we could. It was one ride too many in the end which resulted in him getting passed and then crashing but he did a superb job for the team tonight.“ 

This was from Hawkins after the meeting last week. He’s really struggling with his wrist and crashing again didn’t help. He needs to rest up really because it won’t do either him or the team any good to try and ride through it. We’re already carrying Barker, can’t be carrying two riders. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

If Starke rides then KL win.

If it's R/R for Starke then Ipswich win due to R/R making them much more stronger with Batch & Riss being allowed to take a ride.

• Haha 1

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Starke is considered “doubtful” at the moment. 

Oh,didn't know that.I think he will summon up the strentgth to ride in the biggest derby in speedway:)

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

If Starke rides then KL win.

If it's R/R for Starke then Ipswich win due to R/R making them much more stronger with Batch & Riss being allowed to take a ride.

I think we win either way personally. Although Lynn for a point if Starke rides which I hope he doesn’t to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think we win either way personally. Although Lynn for a point if Starke rides which I hope he doesn’t to be honest. 

Not being nasty but I think everyone associated with Ipswich hope Starke doesn't ride.

No disrespect to Starkey because he's a solid rider when fit but R/R with Batchelor & Riss being allowed to take a ride is a huge difference imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely it's all about entertainment and getting a crowd in,, so I read a few times on other threads,,, so instead of rr for Starke,, let's use BZ for the evening,, cos its all about bums on seats.  Or maybe we could go local and see if Ed Sheeran fancies a spin

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Should be really close looking at the line ups. Ipswich narrow win again! 

Now theres a post you cant use in the championship :t:

20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Starke is at 2, Riss finally moves away from 2 and teams up with King at 3 and 4, Batch at 5. Barker as expected drops to reserve. 

https://ipswichwitches.co/raceday-preview-kings-lynn-premiership-h/

Interesting set of averages there! Starke is a doubt with his wrist injury, so with these bizarre looking new averages, Batch, Riss, Barker and Hume can take a R/R which in all likelihood strengthens us. 

The new Green Sheets should now be based on the last 18 matches, so a few more older scores will have dropped of the calculations. I don't follow them closely enough to know the impact.

Next month it will be down to 16. As mentioned previously, it's the last X matches, irrespective of home or away, i.e. not half of each.  By October, it will be the last 10 matches - at some point I'll work out the likely number of home/away for each team.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Surely it's all about entertainment and getting a crowd in,, so I read a few times on other threads,,, so instead of rr for Starke,, let's use BZ for the evening,, cos its all about bums on seats.  Or maybe we could go local and see if Ed Sheeran fancies a spin

Great idea...

Elton John as a guest if Ed cannot make it.....:D

How about Tricky Micky Mills? Though his left peg was a bit sus 

Edited by semion

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Great idea...

Elton John as a guest if Ed cannot make it.....:D

Would rather Eds very good friend,, who sounds quick before she even gets on a bike,,, maybe I could help her get into those tight leathers,, and check her air bags are operational. 

Edited by Baldyman