British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Glasgow 22nd June

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Not me this time !!! I'm on holiday in Greece but still laughing at the result :D

If only you had your own team to laugh at eh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If only you had your own team to laugh at eh.

Hopefully comets will be back next year  and won't be a laughing matter as the track is looking to be awesome. Everyone will be flocking down to watch the racing :t:

10 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

Another disappointing away heat 15 for the tigers. Could point fingers at more than one rider but that is speedway sometimes. Well done to Hume, excellent performance all night from him and was unlucky against Ruml who always seems to improve as the meeting progresses.

On a side note, very sneaky from Oxford not letting you pay cash or card at the gate. This forces you to pay online which includes a £1 admin fee. Can be difficult for elderly people to pay this way via the QR code.

Sneaky? It's advertised in advance. I think you'll find it's free to park at Oxford, with a free shuttle bus.  Is if free parking at Glasgow?  I hear someone say it's a fiver, but I can't believe it's that much.

If Carlsberg did speedway meetings...

Epic night of racing last night!  What a meeting!

Glasgow played their full part in proceedings, but so glad Oxford managed to win it at the end!

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Cannot fathom the remarks from Worky “fans “ , very strange, must be jealousy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Neila said:

Hopefully comets will be back next year  and won't be a laughing matter as the track is looking to be awesome. Everyone will be flocking down to watch the racing :t:

Hope you're right, speedway could do with a good news story. Oxfords return has been very positive, hopefully Workington can continue that trend

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Cannot fathom the remarks from Worky “fans “ , very strange, must be jealousy.

Not the general consensus from Comets fans though 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Basso on instragram saying he is still feeling the effects from his crashes on Monday  

That daft mini league on a Monday and Thursday is good for the riders to earn a bit extra cash , but it's annoying when they come into the important stuff carrying knocks 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

That daft mini league on a Monday and Thursday is good for the riders to earn a bit extra cash , but it's annoying when they come into the important stuff carrying knocks 

:D

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Sneaky? It's advertised in advance. I think you'll find it's free to park at Oxford, with a free shuttle bus.  Is if free parking at Glasgow?  I hear someone say it's a fiver, but I can't believe it's that much.

£ 2 secure parking 150mtrs from Stadium.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Given Glasgow got a 4-2 in heat 13 off 1&3 if my memory serves me correctly I thought their choice of 2 and 4 in 15 was odd. Batchelor made a cracking start and made the room for Harris to get up the inside.

Really good close meeting that had a bit of everything and was a good evenings entertainment. First time I'd seen Killeen riding and he was on the pace after bend 2. Don't think he could have any complaints about his exclusion and from where I was stood I thought the ref got the first bend calls correct. 

Tempted to go back again next week 

Any chance of finding another spot for the enormous tractor to park as it does block the view of parts of the track. You can't see the start/finish line from the entry to bend 3.

Rico :rolleyes:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That's not too unreasonable. At Oxford, it's free parking and a free shuttle bus.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Secure parking at Glasgow years ago was look after your car for a £1 mister

4 minutes ago, Normski said:

Secure parking at Glasgow years ago was look after your car for a £1 mister

It was,
I said it was Ok I had a guard dog in the car, they said can it “Put out Fires”!!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It was,
I said it was Ok I had a guard dog in the car, they said can it “Put out Fires”!!!!

If there's one place you don't mind paying for secure parking it's possilpark :rofl: