British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 29/6/22

10 minutes ago, HGould said:

It might be interesting to know if refs are allowed to check any reputable TV or Streaming evidence in certain scenarios

If you are not busy on 7th July at 7pm, you should watch and ask these questions! As you seem to have some good ones. :t:They are always up for fans of other clubs joining in! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure my heart can take his crazy on track antics! 

Next Piratecast live on YT is with ref Christina Turnball on Thurs 7th July. Should be interesting! Wonder if she would have done all 4 back in the unsatisfactory starts last Weds! 

The lovely Christina would have put Leon back in the rerun we would have got a 5-1 and came away with a draw at the least :D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure my heart can take his crazy on track antics! 

Next Piratecast live on YT is with ref Christina Turnball on Thurs 7th July. Should be interesting! Wonder if she would have done all 4 back in the unsatisfactory starts last Weds! 

You should have seen heat 14 last night. Last to first scraping the fence then got to the front went a bit too far the fence caught up with him. Pure entertainment but an absolute headcase

• Like 1

Why not put Drew at 3 and King at 4? Maintains strength in the last few heats? 

• Like 1

I just caught up with the meeting, I enjoyed it, Bomber was amazing and Leon Flint done a lot more than I expected.

Young Knudsen has a great riding style and I am sure he will be a star in the future.

shame to see Nathan Ablett struggling, I think he will come good but there will always be pressure from fans to make changes.

Hope Poole will give him more time, they are a very good side and can absorb carrying the odd rider.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

You should have seen heat 14 last night. Last to first scraping the fence then got to the front went a bit too far the fence caught up with him. Pure entertainment but an absolute headcase

:o Actually no, I am not surprised! 

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Why not put Drew at 3 and King at 4? Maintains strength in the last few heats? 

Poole 'normally' do a reserve change in H8 (mainly cos we are not starting the meeting off too well atm). So that would mean having Nathan in H12 for his third ride. Hopefully if we get some form going again, he'll get his 4 rides, as going from H4 to H12 is a long time off track during a meeting.

But as you say stronger in last few heats! Well on paper anyway, whether that works out in practice is another thing. Not sure they'll do it though! 

1 hour ago, marko said:

I just caught up with the meeting, I enjoyed it, Bomber was amazing and Leon Flint done a lot more than I expected.

Young Knudsen has a great riding style and I am sure he will be a star in the future.

shame to see Nathan Ablett struggling, I think he will come good but there will always be pressure from fans to make changes.

Hope Poole will give him more time, they are a very good side and can absorb carrying the odd rider.

Think they will. Only changes if there are any injuries imo. (Touch wood there aren't any!) 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think they will. Only changes if there are any injuries imo. (Touch wood there aren't any!) 

Yes I think you are right unless the heat leaders can keep lowering their averages so we have more points to play with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HGould said:

It might be interesting to know if refs are allowed to check any reputable TV or Streaming evidence in certain scenarios

The regulations state:

except when a recognised TV company is in attendance who provide multi-angle replay views to the Referee, all decisions taken by a Referee shall be made without referral to a TV/video monitor or replay thereof

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marko said:

Can't be many riders down the years that have gone to Poole and scored a six ride maximum? 

20 years later he is every bit as good as he was when he visited with Trelawny two decades ago.

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Can't be many riders down the years that have gone to Poole and scored a six ride maximum? 

20 years later he is every bit as good as he was when he visited with Trelawny two decades ago.

He made our heat leaders look second best :t:

The guy is an absolute class act, love watching him and it'll be a sad day when he packs it in.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Normski said:

The lovely Christina would have put Leon back in the rerun we would have got a 5-1 and came away with a draw at the least :D:D

Christina Turnbull is Lee & Ben's guest on the next edition of PirateCast Live on Thursday 7th July at 7pm. (available LIVE on YouTube)

Get your questions ready!!!!!

• Like 1

enjoyed it when christina was a guest at a fans forum some years back,interesting to listen to and a sense of humour

• Like 2