British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates vs Glasgow Tigers 13th July.

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s a young Team you have there.!!

Knew someone was gonna say that! lol. School is very close to the track these days (backing on to the 1st and 2nd bend) pretty much. There is an agreement that not allowed on track till a certain time. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They still not gating at Poole though. They need the practice! Is this why there is no Poole guest at Plymouth tomorrow! As Poole won't be able to practice til 3/4pm after the school has finished for the day. 

The reason there is no Poole rider guesting at  Plymouth tomorrow is because generally teams try to bring in the best of what is available, and apparently Poole riders need more practice :party:

• Haha 1

Just now, lewy said:

The reason there is no Poole rider guesting at  Plymouth tomorrow is because generally teams try to bring in the best of what is available, and apparently Poole riders need more practice :party:

Lol, good try! 

Genuine question. On KL twitter it says Craig Cook pulled out of guest booking through illness. So is he allowed to ride at Poole on Weds? As I thought you were effectively 'banned' for 7 days if you are ill? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Lol, good try! 

Genuine question. On KL twitter it says Craig Cook pulled out of guest booking through illness. So is he allowed to ride at Poole on Weds? As I thought you were effectively 'banned' for 7 days if you are ill? 

Only if you pull out of your team, doesn't apply as a guest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...plus a full practice session tomorrow (excepting Zach who is in Poland) so I think we just have to accept the track is likely to be hot, ultra slick and dusty for most of the meeting.

Shame as Zach needs the practice more than anyone.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, lewy said:

Shouldn't be dusty at all or is there a hosepipe ban in Poole,decent track prep should keep the dust to a minimum.  Practice session for the superstars,panic has really set in,showing very little faith in the riders imo. 

They never seem to water enough at Wimborne Road

• Like 1

So was Craig under the weather on Saturday as well? Didn’t see him walking around at all, but he was nowhere near the pace, even compared to Tom and Connor.

Anyway, I don’t believe for a second Poole are going to lose by ten at home. That’s fairy dust. I think it will be very close, and it probably does come down to how well Craig Cook does.

Just waiting for the endless “is there a stream?” questions now!

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They never seem to water enough at Wimborne Road

Probably on a water meter.

19 minutes ago, lewy said:

Probably on a water meter.

Since they tried to fill the ruts in with half of Sandbamks Beach the ruts just soak up the water

I would think it would pay dividends to get the track prep right rather than practicing causing ruts which in this heatwave are very difficult to get packed back in.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol, good try! 

Harris or howarth it is then 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Harris or howarth it is then 

Harris would take  it to add to his collection .Hopes to have the full set  of guest appearances by the end of the season.

Edited by Fromafar

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Harris would take  it to add to his collection .Hopes to have the full set  of guest appearances by the end of the season.

Average too high thankfully so is Howarth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Knew someone was gonna say that! lol. School is very close to the track these days (backing on to the 1st and 2nd bend) pretty much. There is an agreement that not allowed on track till a certain time. 

School has always been that close. 

Practice is after 6

• Like 1