British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Ozford v Berwick..13/7

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

Summers in 12 and 14?

If Scotty tried to jump the start in heat 7, why was he not of 15 m in heat 15 when it was called back.

Because he didn't touch the tapes!  Etheridge got away with a flyer earlier in the meeting.  Hope he's ok after his nasty looking fall.

33 minutes ago, Normski said:

Seems to be the theme in speedway if a rider like Jonas is doing well they will end up at Glasgow the following season. Hopefully, his friendship with the Flint family will see him take the sensible route and remain at Berwick in 2023.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well they did help with his visa. 

good result for bandits in helping us monarchs in our play off pursuit.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Next year

I thought that if he signed for Berwick first in this country, he's their asset and won't be going anywhere without Berwick's say so. It won't be any fault of Glasgow's if he ends up there next season, Berwick will have sold him or loaned him out... that's if the asset system is the same as it's always been. 

Edited by iainb

Never mind Knudsen to Glasgow what about Bomber to Sand Lane next season - a marriage made in heaven.

Berwick were the best team from heat one tonight. Oxford just didn't have the heat wieners and that's the job of the top end of the team. It was like watching a different team to previous weeks.

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

I thought that if he signed for Berwick first in this country, he's their asset and won't be going anywhere without Berwick's say so. It won't be any fault of Glasgow's if he ends up there next season, Berwick will have sold him or loaned him out... that's if the asset system is the same as it's always been. 

That’s the way it is as far as I am aware.

But apart from it being mentioned on this thread I haven’t heard a thing about Knudsen to Glasgow so wouldn’t read too much into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well they did help with his visa. 

good result for bandits in helping us monarchs in our play off pursuit.

How does it help you? Oxford couldn't have overtaken Edinburgh in any circumstances.

And it now makes Berwick an outside bet for the play-offs with bottom of the league Birmingham giving them the opportunity of another away win.

7 hours ago, bluebee said:

Never mind Knudsen to Glasgow what about Bomber to Sand Lane next season - a marriage made in heaven.

Berwick were the best team from heat one tonight. Oxford just didn't have the heat wieners and that's the job of the top end of the team. It was like watching a different team to previous weeks.

Your first statement about Bomber???? Maybe your captain.

Would love to see Bomber back in the Berwick side next year, but I can’t see it. Knudsen will be in high demand, can’t see the Bandits holding on to him. 
Of the 2022 Bandits I can only see Flint and Etheridge remaining, maybe Pijper, if he rides, to watch over his sons development, although they may as a family decide to relocate to another track 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

That’s the way it is as far as I am aware.

But apart from it being mentioned on this thread I haven’t heard a thing about Knudsen to Glasgow so wouldn’t read too much into it.

Obviously because Glasgow helped with the visa process , the Banditos are now paranoid we're going to nab him for next season . We'll see how his trial goes on Friday night first .

11 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Knudsen is deffo off to Glasgow next year isn't he £££

They poached Basso,so i expect so 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Would love to see Bomber back in the Berwick side next year, but I can’t see it. Knudsen will be in high demand, can’t see the Bandits holding on to him. 
Of the 2022 Bandits I can only see Flint and Etheridge remaining, maybe Pijper, if he rides, to watch over his sons development, although they may as a family decide to relocate to another track 

Can Bomber not ride for Berwick B team if they get into Premiership next year as they wanted to this time and still ride for the A team at Shielfield on Saturdays (or vice versa!).Was nice of the B side to let the A side win last night,wasn't it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iainb said:

In theory a club has first refusal on an asset but in practice the rider can generally go where they like. If an asset wants a move to a different track for a multitude of reasons there is little practical options for the club to stop which is why its a an outdated and largely redundant system. 

17 minutes ago, alang said:

Can Bomber not ride for Berwick B team if they get into Premiership next year as they wanted to this time and still ride for the A team at Shielfield on Saturdays (or vice versa!).Was nice of the B side to let the A side win last night,wasn't it.

That was the plan for this season and if a P'boro sized hole opens in the Prem then that will be the case next year. All the top flight clubs want more teams to race against (but aren't prepared to split the TV monies pot any further)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

They poached Basso,so i expect so 

I thought Basso was a Poole asset and they decided not to use him because of Danish commitments on a Wednesday night? So Poole let him go to Glasgow

21 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In theory a club has first refusal on an asset but in practice the rider can generally go where they like. If an asset wants a move to a different track for a multitude of reasons there is little practical options for the club to stop which is why its a an outdated and largely redundant system. 

As an asset of the club they can refuse to loan the rider out and demand a full transfer fee

Good win for Bandits,Jonas looks like he is good prospect.Leon riding well at the tough No5 position.On form we have a chance of overturning the 12 pts against Redcar,who are a bit up and down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Jesus we win an away meeting for the first time since 2019 and some of the Bandits fans celebrate by saying we won't have Bomber or Knudsen here next season.