British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham v Poole and return leg. 27-29/7/22. Jubilee League

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

From the people I asked ... that's how I reached it.

Some majority then!

• Like 1

Bringing it back to Speedway, I think the Polish U24 league has drained a lot of riders that would normally have been riding in the UK... even some of the British riders!

I commented that this would happen when the league was announced but nobody really picked up on it

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

It's all the fault of Brexit that Div 2 no longer have British Rising Stars...:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's all the fault of Brexit that Div 2 no longer have British Rising Stars...:rolleyes:

I blame the live TV coverage; killed the sport... :t:

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Fine, but.....

If the extra tournament had been staged in springtime, the meetings now taking place would be Championship matches -- with the same number of injured/suspended/unavailable riders missing.

Birmingham (and Plymouth) have been blighted this season, with every effort to replace long-term absentees thwarted by total unavailability of new riders.

The real reason for the drastic rider-famine is Brexit.     Any speedway fan who voted for it must now be realising what a monster they helped create.

Brexit didnt make Div 2 dispense with having 22 British Rising Stars at reserve..

In fact ..

You would actually have thought that with Brexit there would be an even greater focus on providing a pathway for the British lads..

• Like 1

For those that didn’t bother to attend, well you missed a really good meeting in a very well prepared track. The crowd was large as well. Bigger than average which shows many fans don’t have a clue about team makeup.

some superb heats of action featuring Starke and Complin, with his never say die around the boards full throttle action. Heat 14 was a real humdinger as Complin and Zack Cook passed and re passed for three laps.

Rider of the night was Ben Cook who seems to have stepped up to a new level in his racing. Confidence seems to be pouring out of him and he is very quick. Thought it would be Zack Cook doing the biz but he drops to reserve with Ben back in the team for September.

Next stop Oxford on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hats off to complin,starke and sedgmen who gave it a real go tonight, brum need to sign complin real entertainer.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

For those that didn’t bother to attend, well you missed a really good meeting in a very well prepared track. The crowd was large as well. Bigger than average which shows many fans don’t have a clue about team makeup.

So Poole don't HAVE to ride Wednesday's?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

I think you will find it was swelled by the kids off school now 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Poole have Middlo's testimonial on the 31st

I thought testimonials had to be in March or October? When Stuart Robson's was cancelled at Redcar, they had to put it on in October!

51 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

some superb heats of action featuring Starke and Complin, with his never say die around the boards full throttle action. Heat 14 was a real humdinger as Complin and Zack Cook passed and re passed for three laps.

Rider of the night was Ben Cook who seems to have stepped up to a new level in his racing. Confidence seems to be pouring out of him and he is very quick. Thought it would be Zack Cook doing the biz but he drops to reserve with Ben back in the team for September.

Next stop Oxford on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

Zach goes to 6 in AUGUST!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I thought testimonials had to be in March or October? When Stuart Robson's was cancelled at Redcar, they had to put it on in October!

Rickardsson had a farewell meeting at Poole in August.

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's what the fans voted and wanted. Poole kept the meeting on because of hotel bookings and so on and they only found out Birmingham's team yesterday afternoon?

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Good practice for Poole... I bet my months salary that Ablitt is replaced for the play offs :)

Can i take your bet please!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can i take your bet please!

Me too! As Nathan isn't going. Can only do like for like changes.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2