British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Wolves v Kings Lynn 25/7/22

I wouldn't write Lynn off just yet. They could surprise a few and take home a league point tonight. 

Jason Edwards rode for Eastbourne so he shouldn't have any trouble getting around the technical Monmore track. 

Kyle Howarth a former Wolves rider who's in good form. TJ was very good on his last visit to Wolves as a KL rider so he could well be a trump card at reserve.

Nick Morris missing for the hosts is a blow considering he's a double figure man around Monmore.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

It will ,  he would of had about 8 pints by then , and see it as figure of 8 track by then 

I would usually open a tin about 7.30 when it's a TV meeting, record it ,and when the meeting finished, then i'll watch it. Not bothered about the track then :P.  Not today, got bloody Covid.

Edited by Bald Bloke

50 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would usually open a tin about 7.30 when it's a TV meeting, record it ,and when the meeting finished, then i'll watch it. Not bothered about the track then :P.  Not today, got bloody Covid.

No one seems to get a  common cold no more,  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

No one seems to get a  common cold no more,  

I don't think I have had a cold since covid came about, not sure I have had covid either. Unless I didn't realise it! 

• Like 1

If people stop testing themselves and just think they have a cold,, it will disappear overnight. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If people stop testing themselves and just think they have a cold,, it will disappear overnight. 

Not everyone is affected the same way. Thankfully, due to vaccinations, the impact is greatly reduced (same as for the flu). Some people have health vulnerabilities, so for those in their family or close friends, it's important to be aware if you've got Covid because passing it on could still have serious consequences.

Does anyone have a link to the scorecard?

Can’t find it on britishspeedway.co.uk

I presume starting at "all angles" is an optional extra in the UK? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

The start sums up just how bad the sport is in this country. Riders need to get a grip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

The start sums up just how bad the sport is in this country. Riders need to get a grip.

Just typifies how amateurish the infrastructure is...

The ref can see surely that the inside rider is facing right, and the outside rider is facing left...

And if he/she cannot then they shouldnt officiate...

If that first race is anything to go by, yet another rubbish meeting at Wolves. 

Edited by KevtheRev
  • Haha 1

Having watched the Polish matches yesterday this coverage is embarrassing and the track/ support is amateurish and you wonder why they bother televising matches. The commentary is second rate and now you have The old duffer giving it his best. What a load of crap and it is only heat one.

• Like 1

Just now, Hawk127 said:

Having watched the Polish matches yesterday this coverage is embarrassing and the track/ support is amateurish and you wonder why they bother televising matches. The commentary is second rate and now you have The old duffer giving it his best. What a load of crap and it is only heat one.

Speedway isn't our sport so nobody is going to pour money into it. Football is our sport, Speedway for the Polish, NFL & Golf for the Americans etc.

• Like 1

A practice start go back put fuel in check chain waste time lets get sams thoughts! A fan for over 50 yrs and i am bored with it how can we attract new fans after watching this !

• Like 1