British Speedway Forum
Gazc

Glasgow v Edinburgh Jubilee Trophy 31st July @3pm

29 minutes ago, Normski said:

A friend of mine broke his nose in 3 places Red Lion, Kings Head and the Queens Head 

And I broke wind in 3 places when they all shouted bottoms up! :D

Edited by Turnip

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Reading the comments about who will get dropped for the Jubilee Final, for Poole would 100% be Ablitt, for Glasgow gotta be Connor Bailey, been very poor recently (especially away from Ashfield), for Leicester (if they qualify) would be Joe Thompson for me, he rarely scores anything away from Leicester.

I would think Leicester would drop Clegg

Not sure that drop is the correct term. Don't the reserves have to be there and cant they be used to replace riders in the team. Are guests allowed as it woukd be a surprise if at least one isnt required and can RR be used too? 

Least the weather was nice yesterday. 

Thought we were pretty poor, looked like we were struggling for speed all day. Would’ve been interesting if Sam was fit as he would’ve probably been good for 5 points more than what Douglas got. 

Anyway hopefully that’s the last of the summer cup or jubilee cup for us and the league cup comes back next year.

45 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Least the weather was nice yesterday. 

Thought we were pretty poor, looked like we were struggling for speed all day. Would’ve been interesting if Sam was fit as he would’ve probably been good for 5 points more than what Douglas got. 

Anyway hopefully that’s the last of the summer cup or jubilee cup for us and the league cup comes back next year.

It’s a shame about Masters,not many guests will do the job that he was doing.Think there will be a raffle to see who gets Harris in the Play offs.!!

2 hours ago, Beirao said:

Not sure that drop is the correct term. Don't the reserves have to be there and cant they be used to replace riders in the team. Are guests allowed as it woukd be a surprise if at least one isnt required and can RR be used too? 

Bit of a hastily-put-together Mickey Mouse tournament in my opinion. Only a small proportion of fans from the Scottish tracks and places like Plymouth were ever going to be able to attend the final in Sheffield if their team got through. I still don't even properly understand the format and i doubt i ever will. Yet again the speedway authorities seem to have got it wrong. Even a four team tournament would have been better, more excitement and drawn bigger away support in the qualifying stages.

Anyway, rant over.

For now... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Bit of a hastily-put-together Mickey Mouse tournament in my opinion. Only a small proportion of fans from the Scottish tracks and places like Plymouth were ever going to be able to attend the final in Sheffield if their team got through. I still don't even properly understand the format and i doubt i ever will. Yet again the speedway authorities seem to have got it wrong. Even a four team tournament would have been better, more excitement and drawn bigger away support in the qualifying stages.

Anyway, rant over.

For now... 

You would have thought that the Final should have over 3 legs ,one at each Track at least that would have been more credible.IMO

Typical British Speedway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

You would have thought that the Final should have over 3 legs ,one at each Track at least that would have been more credible.IMO

Typical British Speedway.

Yup Sheffield should've been given the PLRC or whatever it's called now if were to get a shared event rather than it being at the countries most southern outpost (not having a go Poole fans just a fact). and as you say an additional home meeting for the winners to get additional gate money etc. 

15 hours ago, tyretrax said:

He should stay away from those places then. :cheers:

15 hours ago, jenga said:

now , now  . lets all get a grip of the situation on here 

Very hard to get a grip with a hand broken in three places!

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s a shame about Masters,not many guests will do the job that he was doing.Think there will be a raffle to see who gets Harris in the Play offs.!!

Edinburgh will probably be the only team that can use Harris in the play-offs. He now has the third highest average in the championship behind Masters and Morris

• Thanks 1

Ulli is out for a spell due to his hand injury.

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yup Sheffield should've been given the PLRC or whatever it's called now if were to get a shared event rather than it being at the countries most southern outpost (not having a go Poole fans just a fact). and as you say an additional home meeting for the winners to get additional gate money etc. 

As the meeting will involve 18 heats and travel costs for 14 visitors as well as the normal 7 home riders  it's likely to run at a loss. Can't see any club wanting to hold this. As has been pointed out already the final at Sheffield will be a financial black hole. 

11 minutes ago, Beirao said:

As the meeting will involve 18 heats and travel costs for 14 visitors as well as the normal 7 home riders  it's likely to run at a loss. Can't see any club wanting to hold this. As has been pointed out already the final at Sheffield will be a financial black hole. 

In that case should've been a semi and final including best place runner up as the premier trophy was

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Should relocate the meeting to Vojens, they have expertise in staging prestige meetings in front of small crowds at short notice.

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Should relocate the meeting to Vojens, they have expertise in staging prestige meetings in front of small crowds at short notice.

That looked a financial disaster all round.