British Speedway Forum
scoobydoo

Panthers v Tigers 29/08/22

16 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

Hope the link works ok

The other edge looks unused to me. If thats correct that edge has done 2 races max would be my guess.. Tyres are at fault.

Edited by Bald Bloke

39 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Carl Johnson announced there are NO TYRES available at the track   So what now wait for a delivery or ring a magician. ????

probably bought fewer tyres due to inflation

• Haha 1

Sounds like a dodgy batch of tyres to me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Is it a blue groove track then?

The track was a bit slick, nothing out of the ordinary though... i think it was more of a matter of the tyres not lasting even 1 race rather than them running out of them.

If you've ever seen them piled up around the back of the NSS you'll know the kind of quality they are...

Fortunately I didn't make the round trip from Leicester to Belle Vue for this one (I did!)

Never in all my years watching what used to be a great sport have I ever heard such nonsense in all my life.meeting abandoned due to lack of tyres just about sums up the state of the sport in this country.if I had been attending that debacle today then that would have been the last time ever I would have attended any meeting.The whole season has been a complete shambles what with guests,meetings delayed and various other anomalies,is there any wonder at all that people are drifting away from the sport,myself included.The sport here doesn't give a damn about it,s supporters and now the tables are being turned.sad,sad times indeed.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Daft question, but did the second half take place? If not, why not?

Because the meeting was abandoned perhaps?

Once it is declared ‘closed’ by the official no further official racing can proceed.

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Because the meeting was abandoned perhaps?

Once it is declared ‘closed’ by the official no further official racing can proceed.

Thanks, my thoughts were would the tyre situation have affected the second half riders. But as you say declared closed means closed.

21 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

In that case - has cost cutting caused this fiasco !!!

Difficult to say Tim, a lot of people seem to think it’s down to the quality of the tyres, it’s not the first time we have had tyre problems at Peterborough

Have to agree with other comments on here that speedway is fast becoming a joke of a sport.

The warning signs have been there for years, but still nothing has been done to bring it in line with other sports. It's dying a slow death and promotors are standing by and watching it die.

It's no wonder tracks are closing down every season.

I hope the management are going to offer a price reduction on the next home meeting for those who attended today. I doubt it very much and we the paying public will be forced to pay full price again for a club which I feel has shown very little ambition this year.

Tonight has cost me in the region of £50.00 for 10 minutes of entertainment.  Extortionate, in  times where money is becoming increasingly important. 

Will I go again this season? Probably not!

Cheap Anlas tyres all stored at Scunny. 

Probably getting near to the end of the season supply and they've been sat in a container baking in record heat all summer. 

It's not rocket science is it? 

Didn't they instruct when similar problems last season that riders should put talcum powder on the rim as the tyres were much harder to fit than Mitas.?

Edited by HGould
spell

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

Difficult to say Tim, a lot of people seem to think it’s down to the quality of the tyres, it’s not the first time we have had tyre problems at Peterborough

Does Buster have anything to do with buying the tyres?;)