British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Panthers v Witches 5th September

Ryan Douglas will be a Panther next year imo.

I'd put good money on that for two reasons.

1. I think he's finally grown tired of the Monbore Green circuit that doesn't particular suit him. Dougie's best performances come on the road on proper race tracks which says it all really.

2. I don't think CVS will sign him on a 7.31 considering Masters, Morris, Becker & Worrall are all better than him around Monbore. 

2 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Well done to the Peterborough promotion for giving something back to the supporters. Nice of them to engineer the result so to give that extra heat. 

And what a superheat it was... pity no one told Ipswich riders to not win it :t:

Up the Witches :drink:

Well lets face it the witches need all the help they can get, 

Because over the last 20 odd years you havnt helped yourself many times have you .

Technically you still haven't beaten the Panthers over the scheduled 15 heats of a meeting for how long now is it ,

Your best bet now is thursday as Panthers have a very limited choice of guests for Hans Ulrich or MPT but if you dont win that well that will be hilarious !!

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

Ryan Douglas will be a Panther next year imo.

I'd put good money on that for two reasons.

1. I think he's finally grown tired of the Monbore Green circuit that doesn't particular suit him. Dougie's best performances come on the road on proper race tracks which says it all really.

2. I don't think CVS will sign him on a 7.31 considering Masters, Morris, Becker & Worrall are all better than him around Monbore. 

Big decision for him and Wolves, partly depends if he fancies joining a team that might be homeless part way through the season 

2 hours ago, Badge said:

More for your money, surely that's good :blink:

But only if it’s a draw …

If it’s good to get more for your money, why not have 16 heat matches?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

But only if it’s a draw …

If it’s good to get more for your money, why not have 16 heat matches?

Or, dare I say, a second half?

46 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Big decision for him and Wolves, partly depends if he fancies joining a team that might be homeless part way through the season 

If Panthers run, as seems likely, it will be at the EoES for the season. Nothing is going to happen part way through 2023 apart from AEPG hoping to get their future plans approved.

3 hours ago, noaksey said:

Panthers won't be homeless next season.

He wasn't good last night but I'd actually like us to bring Danny King back to the club. 

Edited by Flappy

3 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for this meeting? Thanks in advance. 

Didn’t get the superheat unfortunately 

• Like 2

As I have said,I don't like the idea of a super heat to decide points.For instance in this case Ipswich gain the 3 points the same as a team that have actually deserved 3 points and gone to Peterborough and won.

Does anyone really think a team who draws 45-45 should get the same amount of league points as a team that has won away 42-48.If some say yes I think they are telling porkies.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Didn’t get the superheat unfortunately 

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

As I have said,I don't like the idea of a super heat to decide points.For instance in this case Ipswich gain the 3 points the same as a team that have actually deserved 3 points and gone to Peterborough and won.

Does anyone really think a team who draws 45-45 should get the same amount of league points as a team that has won away 42-48.If some say yes I think they are telling porkies.

I do think it would be fairer if they shared a point each and the heat decided an extra point for the winner of that heat.

• Like 1

The whole league points system is over complicated and confusing.  Just go back to aggregate bonus point and two man run offs if its a tie.

• Like 4

If all the agreements were in place for the Panthers to be running in 2023 wouldn't they have announced something during the meeting live on Monday,

Its looking at this stage that not all the agreements are totally in place yet

Eurosport also seemed to be avoiding any references to the possible future of the club .