British Speedway Forum
Odds On

Swindon Stadium

2 hours ago, MARK246 said:

The information on the facebook page is, the land that the new stadium is on has been sold, so it needed to be moved. 

You say stadium but to me they looked like open containers being stored, lydd’s track in Kent also stores containers 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:45 PM, steve roberts said:

Despite being the "enemy down the road" I have many happy memories watching speedway at Swindon.

Yes, it's tragic although entirely predictable sadly.

Details of a new development. This, presumably, is the reason that the containers were moved, as it is in the old car park.

Taylor Wimpey to begin work on new Swindon housing development (swindonlink.com)

It's even called "Robin Gardens"!

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Details of a new development. This, presumably, is the reason that the containers were moved, as it is in the old car park.

Taylor Wimpey to begin work on new Swindon housing development (swindonlink.com)

It's even called "Robin Gardens"!

I always find the naming of these roads and developments as the biggest piss take going

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I always find the naming of these roads and developments as the biggest piss take going

Said the same thing on the Swindon thread. Its an absolute joke. 

• Like 2

Drove past in the big red bus today,no way are those house holders going to accept bikes back in that stsdium.

• Like 1

Hasn't Team Russell/Rossco/Kilby been keeping the fans fully informed of developments? I assume that as they would want to keep the fans from forgetting about the sport, so some kind of continued engagement during redevelopment would seem to be a good idea, wouldn't it?

30 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Hasn't Team Russell/Rossco/Kilby been keeping the fans fully informed of developments? I assume that as they would want to keep the fans from forgetting about the sport, so some kind of continued engagement during redevelopment would seem to be a good idea, wouldn't it?

Have you not seen todays' announcement?

• Like 1

Disgraceful state of affairs how the Swindon public have been led down the garden path with false promises...may those involved hold their heads in shame!

How many 'we are looking for a new site' have we heard in the past, with nothing materialising? :(

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Have you not seen todays' announcement?

Seen it now, but not at the time of writing.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

RIP Swindon Speedway, yet another added to a long line of Tracks being developed, but with GI as owners of the Stadium this was always going to happen. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 9:41 PM, eric i said:

I think Terry Russell has been paid off.

Of course he was  .

• Like 1