British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

8 hours ago, TTT said:

No need to drop Ellis imo.

You would've won the league too if it wasn't for a dodgy referee screwing you out of the title. Ellis is much better around the technical tracks too.

Sorry holder over ellis all day long 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Sorry holder over ellis all day long 

Me too.

I was just saying that Sheffield don't have a reason to drop Ellis when the core of the 2022 team would've won the Double last season if it wasn't for Babs lol.

Holder will do a Doyle in this league imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Everyone would have to be happy with this.

Nilsson, Kildemand or Lahti would be perfect for the last spot 

No Tungate and no Iversen  I hope

19 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

No Tungate and no Iversen  I hope

Why?

NKI will get us a double figure points return in every Home meeting if you give him 5 rides imo.

Tungate is a No.1 around Peterborough. Rohan's home average around Peterborough when he rode for us in 2019 was (8.27 Inc BP) and (7.73 Exc BP) 

Those two alone put up close to 20 points per home meeting. Maybe even more than 20 on a good day imo.

41 minutes ago, TTT said:

Me too.

I was just saying that Sheffield don't have a reason to drop Ellis when the core of the 2022 team would've won the Double last season if it wasn't for Babs lol.

He's in a good place now .....

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Take advantage of the lower  standard of competition  compared to Poland etc !

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Me too.

Holder hasn't been the same since his big injury IMO, he'll score well but I doubt he'll match Doyle. 

Doyle is still a GP rider whereas Holder is a level below that.

• Like 1

Holder won’t get anywhere near Doyle’s average here. We had all this this time last year when more than one person tipped younger Holder, Kurtz and Max Fricke to all eclipse Doyle this year, and none of them got remotely close. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Holder hasn't been the same since his big injury IMO, he'll score well but I doubt he'll match Doyle. 

Maybe, but watching Holder ride in Poland over the past two seasons, he has definitely worked his way back into the top 20 or so in the world I would say..

And, in my opinion, is quite a way above the level of the likes of Musielak, Kurtz, and Zagar, and even above Fricke...

I would say he would be easily vying for third in the averages behind Doyle and Bewley if he rode over here...

Seems to have got his "mojo" back so would be a very good signing for anyone I would suggest..

• Like 3

I think if Holder rode here for a full season with no injuries, could get to 8.50 at best I'd say. Which is a play off sized improvement on starting average.

Holder is way past his best, think he would do well to average 8 over here nowadays personally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

Given that in 2022 Chris Holder had a higher average than Woffinden, Doyle, Bewley and Jack Holder in Poland, and Janowski, Dudek and Lindgren  in Sweden I'd suggest he's hardly a spent force.

• Like 2

Just now, arnieg said:

Given that in 2022 Chris Holder had a higher average than Woffinden, Doyle, Bewley and Jack Holder in Poland, and Janowski, Dudek and Lindgren  in Sweden I'd suggest he's hardly a spent force.

Which is not something I said. I think he's a level below being a genuine GP rider - which is still a fair achievement given his previous injuries - and he won't match Doyle in this country. Still a very good rider.

I would like to see Michael Palm Toft retained as well as Ben Basso. Not much mention of him on here, does anyone have any ideas as to where he is heading for 2023. He must have quite a low average after last season and I think one year he will have a breakthrough season and it could be 2023?. He rides the showground really well and can perform well away also.