British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Craig Cook 

Getting to the stage where too many Cooks spoil the Forum

24 minutes ago, Pitch said:

I would really like to see Michael Palm Toft retained for 2023 as well as Ben Basso. There doesn't seem to be much mention of him on here, does anyone have any ideas as to what he might be doing for 2023. He must have quite a low average after last season and I think one year he will have a breakthrough season, and it could be 2023?. He rides the showground really well and can also perform well in away meetings.

MPT is at king's Lynn 

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

MPT is at king's Lynn 

Has this been announced officially by Kings Lynn or Peterborough. I must have missed that one.

No NKI please

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Ford did not slip up at all, Lawson help Poole to league and cup double, Basso help Glasgow to nothing 

Bitter old Arthur strikes again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Basso may have ended the season on a higher average than Lawson but what happened to basso in the play offs. More than happy for Lawson to stay at Poole for as long as he likes.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

To be fair though, he is right

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevehone said:

To be fair though, he is right

It suited all parties so don't really get the bickering tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Basso may have ended the season on a higher average than Lawson but what happened to basso in the play offs. More than happy for Lawson to stay at Poole for as long as he likes.

Consideration Ben broke his collarbone just before the play-offs and wasn't expected to be fit he did well to ride.

25 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Consideration Ben broke his collarbone just before the play-offs and wasn't expected to be fit he did well to ride.

Yes true but Lawson also scored better than Basso in their previous meetings during the season. 

Years ago it probably made a difference, as Basso will most likely become way better than Lawson, but now it won't make much difference. Who's going to buy Basso off Glasgow in future? I can't imagine him even riding in this country before long.

Edited by JCookie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, wealdstone said:

No NKI please

You're going to be disappointed 

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

You're going to be disappointed 

Afraid I am, hope not so with rest of team.  

On 11/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, wealdstone said:

No NKI please

They'll need a good plan b for when he's on the sidelines.

• Like 1

I understand the worry regarding NKI's injury record as of late but you won't see many riders putting in higher scores than NKI around Peterborough.

To ensure we have a strong home record in 2022 then NKI is one of those riders that we need in the side imo because he'll be good for 10+ a meeting at Home if you give him 5 rides.

We can't afford to lose Home meetings next season with the way teams are being built across the league. For example you can't see BV, Leicester, Sheffield or Wolves losing at Home with their rumoured line-ups.

Only real chance of teams winning away from home will be at KL and Ipswich imo so any Home defeat would be a big blow. 

• Haha 1