British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

34 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Apparently he was trying too use the same setup as Harris last year, problem is Hans and Harris ride absolutely nothing alike 

The thought that anyone of his standing and experience wouldn't know his own set up or work out pretty quickly that something isn't working is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aries said:

No you can’t be using that excuse. The bloke is in his 40’s and has been riding all tracks big and small for donkeys years! How many laps has he done around the showground? And you think riding a smaller track in the championship means he’s forgotten how to ride the Showground?

It appears your forgetting that TTT has a degree in talking complete bollocks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Had a quick look on Facebook at a few comments …there seems a fair few who are realistic at how poor this team will be …I agree basso is a talent but I’ve seen far better riders than him when they step up to heatleader when pressures on they get found out …the only 1s I can see putting anything on there average are puk .5 if he stays injury free and cook a pt the rest will struggle to maintain anywhere near there average 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It appears your forgetting that TTT has a degree in talking complete bollocks.

Why do you think Hans was so bad in 2022 then?

I stick by my post, Hans Andersen doesn't turn into a 3+1 rider or worse around the Showground just because he's in his 40's.

Getting too comfortable riding the crappy little Plymouth circuit almost every week that barely has any straights is an easy trap to get suckered into to a point where it can have a negative impact rather than a positive one. 

• Like 1

His 2022 season was purely down to niggling injuries, poor engines and set-ups!  Completely new equipment for 2023 should see him thrive - again!

Edited by Skidder1

If it was all down to age finally catching up with him then why is Hans Andersen's 2022 average around Plymouth so high compared to his away average in the Championship as well as both of his Premiership averages?

You'd be poor around Plymouth too if everything was down to age finally catching up with him.

image.png.5fd88ddcb9304bf352d8dc6bb70d74fc.png

He's not the Hans Andersen of old, why would he be? however let's not forget he started last season on a 7 point average and he's capable of adding 0.5-1 point to his 4.93 start average. 

He was in the initial team also, Worrall wasn't.

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

I'm happy to have Anderson back... especially on that average...proper club man..and that should count for something..and both times we have won the title he has been in the team.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Why do you think Hans was so bad in 2022 then?

I stick by my post, Hans Andersen doesn't turn into a 3+1 rider or worse around the Showground just because he's in his 40's.

Getting too comfortable riding the crappy little Plymouth circuit almost every week that barely has any straights is an easy trap to get suckered into to a point where it can have a negative impact rather than a positive one. 

You better hope no Plymouth fans see that. I get told off for calling it a roundabout. Oh no, actually I say roundabouts are bigger :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hans fan said:

Had a quick look on Facebook at a few comments …there seems a fair few who are realistic at how poor this team will be …I agree basso is a talent but I’ve seen far better riders than him when they step up to heatleader when pressures on they get found out …the only 1s I can see putting anything on there average are puk .5 if he stays injury free and cook a pt the rest will struggle to maintain anywhere near there average 

Lindgren will increase his average from 9.2 to 10.5.

He is the standout rider in the league.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Of course his best days are behind him - I only work in old money for averages which means I cut out all the moving averges and removal of bonus points rubbish and go by the CMA as it used to be called. Andersen is remarkably consistent last year 5.73 overall - 5.78 at home and 5.68 away - he will be a decent no 2 or reserve if he ends up there for sure. There will probably be a lot of packing in behind the leader - he seems to get a fair few 2nd and 3rd places nowadays!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You better hope no Plymouth fans see that. I get told off for calling it a roundabout. Oh no, actually I say roundabouts are bigger :D

True though.

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

They've got one 

What? A wooden spoon? Tad premature isn’t it, even for the 2023 Panthers line up!