British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't he say something similar near the end of last season and everyone thought he was going to retire? So not sure it is just about Leicester. 

Based on Leicester's own massive build up to the signing of Max Perry, perhaps Harris has just bought himself a new holiday home or something.

• Haha 1

Who,  if they've been fortunate enough to have had a career lasting over 25 years, hasn't been pi**ed about at times whether by management, customers, colleagues etc etc?

Surely Chris Harris, of all people, hasn't gone all Woke?? 

He loves an announcement about an announcement 

We haven't had one (of either) for a while tbf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

Is Tarasenko riding tonight 

I've been asking the same thing..was gonna go and have a look at him and Bomber but as usual radio silence which I'm guessing means no.

Probably not ideal but could the Panthers temporarily use Mildenhall if it was available? At least it would keep the name/club alive rather than put the licence on ice as we all know that is the death knell and rarely does the club return. Perhaps the Panthers could track share with Ipswich and Kings Lynn. Good luck on whatever can be done to keep the club alive.

That’s not what everybody wanted to hear sadly - it seem track share is the only option short term but how well would that be supported? If it was KL they shared how many panthers fans would travel ? They might get some locals attend I guess . But not ideal at all 

At least we know that we're 100% f'd now after this season. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

At least we know that we're 100% f'd now after this season. 

Been f'd over for the last 2 seasons in reality,  whats the bet that the last meeting staged at the showground is against Kings Lynn 

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Is Tarasenko riding tonight 

No.

50 minutes ago, Haza said:

That’s not what everybody wanted to hear sadly - it seem track share is the only option short term but how well would that be supported? If it was KL they shared how many panthers fans would travel ? They might get some locals attend I guess . But not ideal at all 

How many would travel is the big question. Assuming Buster will be out of the Panthers altogether I can’t see it working. I think it would hurt Lynns already low crowds, and potentially shut Lynn down mid season. Mildenhall might be a better bet.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The way I see it both Bomber & Richie Worrall had to have agreed to the changes. Peterborough can't drop Worrall till they have a replacement lined up, likewise Leicester can't drop Harris till they have a replacement lined up.

If Harris doesn't agree to leave - he can't end up at Peterborough because Worrall isn't available - because Harris isn't replacing him - Harris can't get dropped without being willing to swap clubs!

Edited by szkocjasid

So Buster hasn't received an offer for the club.