British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Around Leicester maybe but away Bomber is better

"Worrall away, has averaged 6.09 for the Panthers,  and Bomber 5.83 for the Lions".

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you would rather have Worrall than Bomber! 

It doesn't really matter. I was just pointing out that it don't seem the case that Bomber is better away.:)

Bomber absolutely owned us in the Speedway Star.

That buffoon Buster Chapman made him the new captain as well lol.

366831223_1813685002361780_1452501011771

Edited by TTT

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you would rather have Worrall than Bomber! 

Bomber as is... or Bomber as you remember him?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

Bomber absolutely owned us in the Speedway Star.

That buffoon Buster Chapman made him the new captain as well lol.

366831223_1813685002361780_1452501011771

What's he complaining about... at least he got told by telephone :D

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Still, after 25 years, about not being able to find set ups. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To say that Harris was "sacked" is over-dramatising things. It was a consequence of Nick Morris getting into trouble, compounded by Stewart Dickson's mistake of signing Troy Batchelor, that two team changes needed to be made.

What Leicester needed to avoid, was Jake Allen potentially having to move into the 1-5.

If Chris Harris has never been "let go" before, he's having perhaps his first experience of being made redundant, something which happens, sometimes often, to people who have to do jobs which aren't hobbies. Welcome to the real world!

58 minutes ago, DJC said:

Still, after 25 years, about not being able to find set ups. :lol:

In any riders defence they can get caught out in their first ride so getting the home average around Leicester that he did says something for Bomber.

I remember one so called hero at Glasgow declining to ride at No1 so he had a couple of heats to watch and work out lines, set-ups etc. No what I would have expected from a captain.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Re the Chris Harris situation , it’s a bit like saying we are not sacking you but there is another job 100 miles away if you want it.

Personally I,m on the side of Bomber in this case, he signed a contract to ride for Leicester for 2023 .....will be interesting reading in next weeks Star .

Major upheaval with the sport for 2024 , then again this is said most years but there are less and less clubs in existence every year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Re the Chris Harris situation , it’s a bit like saying we are not sacking you but there is another job 100 miles away if you want it.

Personally I,m on the side of Bomber in this case, he signed a contract to ride for Leicester for 2023 .....will be interesting reading in next weeks Star .

Major upheaval with the sport for 2024 , then again this is said most years but there are less and less clubs in existence every year.

I also work on contract, I'm contracted until the end of September, I expect it to be extended... I have one days notice on this contract.

Nobody will sort my next contract out for me, I'll have to find it myself. That's what being self employed is all about

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

*41 miles

11 minutes ago, Noodles said:

*41 miles

Just a number picked out , he said it was much closer to home (Leicester ).

7 hours ago, iainb said:

It's an interesting one isn't it... a rider who has shown zero loyalty to any club he's ridden for over the last few years, has become a running joke in the sport, gets his knickers in a twist because all of a sudden a club decide to do exactly what he's done.

His loyalty to British Speedway is not in doubt, be he has absolutely no problem in riding for which ever club calls him up on any given day even if the result of the match may effect the club he is contracted to and captain of

Harris is not a top rider any more in the Premier league he is 5 to 6 pointer and going down hill 4 points for Peterborough Monday night from a number1

You have to think that this change would have been more acceptable to the Leicester faithful had it been for two proven riders. Richie vs Bomber is, for me, pretty much like for like. We all know Bomber's entertainment value coming from the back, but total scoring potential says the two riders are similar.
Unfortunately, I think the same can be said for Troy Batchelor and Craig Cook. I can't see Craig maintaining a 5.96 average. Dropping below Jake Allen could still be on the cards.

The really sad thing, mathematically, is that Richie could almost have been brought in for Batch without releasing Bomber. The team total would have only been 0.40 over the permitted total. Perhaps if Bomber had been as bad as some people are making out, he'd still be in the team.

22 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Harris is not a top rider any more in the Premier league he is 5 to 6 pointer and going down hill 4 points for Peterborough Monday night from a number1

He is not a top rider anymore that's why it's quite obvious he wouldn't score well from the number one spot.

He was signed for Leicester as their no3 in their averages,and that's exactly where he was when he was told to go.What did they expect from him,to be challenging for the no1 spot.Leicester cocked up by bringing in Batchelor for Morris on a much lesser average.Should have bought in a much better rider at the time for Morris then they could have kept Harris too.

He nearly quit but didn't and in fact wouldn't rule out working with Leicester/Dixon again

Not much of a story really 

• Like 1