British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It's a pretty p155 poor line up for a "farewell" to a track meeting!

I shall toddle along because I haven't seen any live Speedway in ages... but it sums everything up quite nicely, Panthers going out with a whimper

I’m torn whether to go or not, that interview he gave in the interval still angers me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

I’m torn whether to go or not, that interview he gave in the interval still angers me.

I know what you mean... followed by the statement on the website about he doesn't care whether you come or not. But I'm not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. I'm just going to treat it for what it is, an end of season fixture filler

I'm very happy to see that Sport England has now objected to the planning application and has included a section on the proposed loss of the speedway track within it's objection. It references the face that the application does not deal with the loss in accordance with LP30 and LP36 and the relevance of para 99 of the NPPF

Sports England also references comments from the RFU, Football Foundation and ECB, as well as commenting on the proposed golf facility - broadly suggesting that more consultation is required with those bodies and that the need be demonstrated 

Another positive step I believe. 

The Council cannot just ignore all these objections, including where they come from sports governing bodies - even if AEPG thinks it can run roughshod over them 

01322034.pdf (peterborough.gov.uk)

Edited by Sir Sidney
  • Like 2

I have just arrived at the showground at 5.40pm, car park is really full and there is long queues into the car park and into the season ticket car parking. Long queues on foot at the pay booths also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

No Hans Andersen at todays meeting?

I'm surprised he was even asked. Looking at social media you'd think the Panthers have existed for about 10 years. Plenty photos of Dads Army or the PL 4s. What about 98/99, Crump, Sullivan, 2006, etc?

This really is one of the tamest speedway meetings I've ever been to... the large crowd really deserved better!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

This really is one of the tamest speedway meetings I've ever been to... the large crowd really deserved better!

What is wrong with Harris tonight?

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What is wrong with Harris tonight?

Just not on it, the track is a shadow of the track it used to be, the only passing line is down the inside, that's not Bomber's line

Edited by iainb

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just not on it, the track is a shadow of the track it used to be, the only passing line is down the inside, that's not Bomber's line

Oh I see that was a shame for the farewell meeting. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Oh I see that was a shame for the farewell meeting. 

It’s been a shame for the last few seasons, but it certainly ruined tonight’s meeting.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

First of all I hope Puk is OK, i didn't hang around for the final as nobody really seemed bothered who won, there was no prize to ride for (?).

As a "farewell" meeting what a p155 poor effort from the promotion, where were all the club legends? As David Howe, who was only there in his capacity as Dougy's spannerman, said he was hoping to catch up with, Sam Tesar, Hans Clausen & Ronni Pedersen etc.

You have to assume that none of these ex riders were invited and Ully & Emil turned up under their own steam. Even the programme cover was a p155 take, of all the riders pictured only Ully was there!

Buster was even on car park duty taking my final £1 in a final "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" gesture? And his "thank you" speech was quite rightly greeted with silence!

Of all the memories i have of the EoES through the years, there were absolutely none from last night and it will be quickly forgotten.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, iainb said:

First of all I hope Puk is OK, i didn't hang around for the final as nobody really seemed bothered who won, there was no prize to ride for (?).

As a "farewell" meeting what a p155 poor effort from the promotion, where were all the club legends? As David Howe, who was only there in his capacity as Dougy's spannerman, said he was hoping to catch up with, Sam Tesar, Hans Clausen & Ronni Pedersen etc.

You have to assume that none of these ex riders were invited and Ully & Emil turned up under their own steam. Even the programme cover was a p155 take, of all the riders pictured only Ully was there!

Buster was even on car park duty taking my final £1 in a final "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" gesture? And his "thank you" speech was quite rightly greeted with silence!

Of all the memories i have of the EoES through the years, there were absolutely none from last night and it will be quickly forgotten.

Shambolic. Whatever your thoughts on Keith Chapman's final cash grab of a farewell meeting, surely everyone can agree that it's evident minimal effort was put in here.

Mountain, Edwards, Starke, Brennan, etc? This is one of the biggest clubs in the country, countless legends and major moments, and this is the line-up that was mustered.

If Chapman wants to stealth some more money with a farewell meeting he could've at least done it with some dignity and respect for the Panthers and the Showground.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

Can’t disagree with all you say I was there last night the track was way to slick and dry - a big crowd deserved more for there money - I was told that the supporters club paid Chapman ex Panthers riders admission costs which is a disgrace - much much more should have been made of the ex riders in attendance. 
As been posted on Facebook this morning Chapman has a week to get all his equipment off site and track lights apparently been sold to Workington . 
Last nights meeting as you say will be quickly forgotten but it should have been much much better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Haza said:

Can’t disagree with all you say I was there last night the track was way to slick and dry - a big crowd deserved more for there money - I was told that the supporters club paid Chapman ex Panthers riders admission costs which is a disgrace - much much more should have been made of the ex riders in attendance.
As been posted on Facebook this morning Chapman has a week to get all his equipment off site and track lights apparently been sold to Workington . 
Last nights meeting as you say will be quickly forgotten but it should have been much much better.

:mad::sad::nono:

I think Bernie Leigh got more mentions than some of Peterborough's legends.

• Sad 1